My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you...

scottmh59

No one will think less of you for doing so- rather, they will respect you for putting the welfare of your Lodge ahead of your ego.

that all depends on how badly the lodge needs you in that chair. it could make some waves if a PM now has to protem,or you just dont have enough active members to fill in.

but still in the end you have got to do what you feel is best

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I have a charge that I must follow. If my family needs me then I must attend to it. In keeping with that thought how can I help and assist with the craft if I let everything else slip. I must first take care of the home front so that I have a solid foundation to enhance the foundation of the craft instead of being the unstable part which cracks and becomes unlevel. Once the foundation (WM, SW & JW) is cracked then the walls (Appointed positions) began to crack and the rafters (all members) become weak and the building falls down.

It takes more of a man to realize he isn't fit then one who tries and fails because he wouldn't admit. Some do not know and that is where the brotherhood should help with weakness and needs. If one person finds a person unfit to serve then it may be that member who needs to evaluate his thoughts but if it has permeated throughout the lodge then perhaps the WM should address it. In my opinion first in private to help the brother, if that does not work then perhaps with PM and WM, and if that fails then by vote. IMHO

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
that all depends on how badly the lodge needs you in that chair.

Brother, I'm sorry, but I must disagree. No Lodge needs someone badly enough that it should or must tolerate an unfit or unworthy officer. Far better to have a Warden or PM pro tem that office IMHO.