My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helotes/Blue Bonnet York Rite Festival, February 18th- The Rest of the Story!

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
The Companions of Helotes and Blue Bonnet York Rites Chapter/Councils held a Festival on Saturday, February 18th, 2012 at Helotes Masonic Lodge. We welcome four new Companions- Travis Yelton, Tom Schwab, Carlos (Charly) Padron, and Gil Villanueva who completed their Capitular and Cryptic degrees at the festival on February 18th. It was a long long day but our candidates received some excellent degree work from a cadre of companions from Blue Bonnet and Helotes York Rite Chapter/Councils plus some great friends and companions who traveled a fair distance to participate!

Our companions were lucky enough to received degrees from V.E. Comp. Doug Collins, Past Grand High Priest of the Most Excellent Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons in Texas who conferred the Past Master Degree and R.E./R.I. Comp. Al Machts, Committee on Work for both the Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons and Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Texas. Additionally, our old friend and great companion Neil Winslow, PHP, PTIM, and Past Commandery Commander joined us and helped out in our Royal Arch Degree. You could not help but be impressed by the amount of experience and expertise there assembled to greet our new companions!

The District Deputies for Capitular and Cryptic District 23 were both in attendence as well: R.E. Comp. Bill Boyd, D.D.G.H.P. for Capitular District #23, Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of Texas, and R.I. Comp. Nelson Dunn, D.D.G.M. for Cryptic District #23, Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Texas.

I'd like to also note that we had tremendous support from our Blue Lodge brethren at Helotes who helped prepare and present our lunchtime meal. It was remendous job supporting 40+ York Riters and York Riters-to-be and we appreciate our brethren for their hard work!

Thanks to everyone that helped in the degrees and behind the scenes to make everything work smoothly! It was a great day for Masonry in Texas! :SNC:

Festival_Feb18_2_post.jpg

S&F
BroBill
(R.E. Bill Boyd)
D.D.G.H.P. District #23
Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of Texas