My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do support your blue lodge?

jwhoff

Premium Member
Careful Brother Hatley, sooner or later someone is going to drop one of those rough ashlars on your foot or toe.

At that point you may reach the critical stage, depending upon your insensitivity. Make sure you are prepared and have a tough enough skin to consider the source. Other times, folks just have bad days and project impressions they really don't mean.

I have faith that you will always make the best of choices.

:49:

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Well I must say, that my first year in Masonry was pretty tough. Our lodge had a...difference of opinion between Brothers, which escalated. I'll try to leave it at that, but suffice to say that I felt a strong urge to walk away - and so did all of us who tried very hard to hold the ship together through the storm.

It was the way we rallied together, focused on preserving the traditions, and making peace and harmony the priority that now looking back that is one big reason that I have such a real love for the fraternity. The system works, when all the chips are down - saw it proven to me.

No doubt there will be more challenges in the future, but I'm almost glad we had such a rough time of it so early on in my masonic life. It was like Benning, and how after it you feel like if you can get through that you can get through anything. Trial by fire, sink or swim stuffs.

I hope I don't sound corny or pretentious, but I mean it when I say that I think the future is bright for us and that we are living in an era whereby Generation X and younger are standing up to join the ranks and lead, and that it is exciting to see and be a part of. It is real and fulfilling.