My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I.A.T.S.E. Local 729 Set Painters

bezobrazan

Just wondering if there are any brothers on here who were in the Los Angeles I.A.T.S.E. (Movie & Television Industry). Particularly Local 729 Set Painters.

My Freemasonry HD

bezobrazan

It's really hard getting in right now unless you're related to someone with a lot of pull. I'm barely hanging on as it is. So much work has gone out of state, which limits how many painters in our union get work, if we even do. It's a completely different ballgame then when I got in 12 years ago. I don't see it getting much better.

My Freemasonry HD

crono782

Premium Member
I hear ya. My dad was in IATSE local #330 Projectionists when I was a kid. Pretty sure you don't see many of them union anymore.

My Freemasonry HD

bezobrazan

It's not impossible Dug. In fact your best bet is to look up non-union set shops in your area. Sometimes they will work on projects that go union and those days go towards your permit days. You need 30 days within a year and then qualify.

My Freemasonry HD