My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have received 6 Blackballs

CLewey44

In my jurisdiction we know if there was only one black cube or more than one black cube. If there is only one black cube a second ballot must be taken to insure that the black cube was not a mistake. If there is more than one black cube there is no second ballot. However, we can not know how many more than two black cubes there are.
That really makes the most sense.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Under GLoTX, it takes 3 blackballs to reject but the WM will announce the ballot as being "Unfavorable" and state that the petitioner is rejected for one, two, or three years. This tells us that the ballot contained 3 (1 year), 4 (2 years), or 5 or more (3 years) blackballs.

David612

6DE5CC3C-7134-49DC-BB07-F6DE6586FAD7.jpeg

6, 6 balls ah ah ahh

That’s a lot of blackballs!

Number4

In my jurisdiction we know if there was only one black cube or more than one black cube. If there is only one black cube a second ballot must be taken to insure that the black cube was not a mistake. If there is more than one black cube there is no second ballot. However, we can not know how many more than two black cubes there are.

Same here in Virginia.