My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help?

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Why did I become a Mason? I have always been drawn to the Fraternity for some reason. Call it curiosity, or perhaps a calling, but I was always interested but never knew any Masons. Over the years I read various articles and websites about Masonry but never really got up the gall to approach a lodge. One day I met a guy at work who was a Mason. We never really talked about it but he did invite me to some events, which I never went too for one reason or another...then I come to find out my Brother in Law was a Mason. My friend at work and I became pretty close and there was a common characteristic about both him and my Brother in Law that I can't really describe, but that I wanted to emulate...the best way I could describe it is that were both just really good guys...but that is for lack of words because its much more than that...well finally my Brother in law asked if I would be interested in attending an open house...I was going to go and I backed out...not sure why..I guess I am just not the very social type...or perhaps I had lost my faith in humanity...well one day I did go to meet the lodge and they were all very welcoming and really treat each other like Brothers and again...that familiar "really good guy" characteristic again hit me...from there on in, I found something I was missing in my life....and so I asked...