In The Garden

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by cog41, Mar 21, 2013.

1. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

We got into organics about 15 years agowhen our lawn was taken out by grub worms. We put out the pesticide that the local garden shop recommended and from that day until we detoxifed the yard 4 months later, our dog would not step foot in the yard. She did her business on the sidewalk. The day we detoxed out yard, she went out on the grass for the first time in 4 months. Now that we have grandkids, I dont wory about them picking something up and putting in their mouths.

2. travelinman76

travelinman76 Registered User

Cool. I'm in Ohio and grew up with a both grandparents within walking distance of my house. Both were gardeners and now 37 and have 3 kids and we all love flower and veggie gardening. Just dove into blueberry bushes two years ago and this spring planted a grafted fruit tree with apricots, peaches, plum, and nectarines all on one root stock. I get it about the spirituality. Best of luck with your 2013 crop.

Freemason Connect Mobile

3. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

No fence around the garden, only got plenty of peppers and handful of beans. We lost almost everything to squirrels, rabbits and deer. It will soon be fall and their meat shall be my revenge. BrooHaha!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. Brother Maples

Brother Maples Registered User

People think I'm nuts when I tell them I'm very familiar with a sharp-shooter...No tiller for me. However my garden is not very big, maybe 12x30. I have about 40+ tomatoes on the 13 plants right now. WE NEED RAIN!

5. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

We most certainly, most desperately, most definitely need Rain!

6. sgreg801

sgreg801 Registered User

,;,; ;;

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

7. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Anyone know if olive trees will grow in Houston area? Say 45 miles or so northwest of the bay. My wife would like to give it a try.

Share My Freemasonry