My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Freemasonry Dead or Alive

LRG

Premium Member
What do you expect to get out of FreeMasonry and what have you obtained?

To find yourself is where the beauty lies. If one finds this mystical beauty within, then others may look upon the same as closed minded.

LRG

Premium Member
Thank you Brother Broman.
some say he / not.
Apologize for using his name as a hocus pocus example.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Whoa.. ! let me see if I understand you..?

We should figure out ourselves what Masonary is.. !

From what I understand about Masonary the symbols are used to make sure we understand what the meaning of each one.. ? I understand it clear to me what morality, brotherly love, and the tennents of freemasonary have been thru the years.. ! this isn't something new that someone turned a page last week and said " so thats what it means " ...? they haven't changed..?

keep emotions in due bounds.. ! does that mean we should except anyone's changes and point of view because we don't want to damage the feelings..?

didn't understand ..?

I am saying, Masonry is not there to figure out, it helps us as individuals figure ourselves out and that is diffrent for each of us. Sure the ultimate goal of Masonry is to make good men better but how that happens is diffrent for us all and in turn makes Masonry diffrent to us all.

Sure a symbol has one meaning but when I look at the square and comapsses the same memories and experiences that lead me to square my actions are diffrent than yours everything on the surface of Masonry stays the same and is very easily memorized or learned but to actualy apply them is the challenge that makes Masonry diffrent for every man and woman. It makes Masonry christian to some and to some they see only kabalism or judaism, making us all right and wrong at the same time. A symbol sparks feeling that cannot be written or describe only symbolized and as humans we do the best we can to put OUR feelings into words but in the end they are OURS only.

Feelings have nothing to do with it, this has to do with the basic right of doing and feeling as we please. If someone is wrong I say bulldoze their feelings if need be and bring them to justice but the intepertation of Masonry has no right or wrong so to say Masonry is all esoteric or all Brotherly Love or Charity is to be right and wrong at the same time.

Last edited:

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Feelings have nothing to do with it, this has to do with the basic right of doing and feeling as we please. If someone is wrong I say bulldoze their feelings if need be and bring them to justice but the intepertation of Masonry has no right or wrong so to say Masonry is all esoteric or all Brotherly Love or Charity is to be right and wrong at the same time.

Exactly.;)

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I can say one thing for certain we did answer the question if Masonry was dead or alive b/c it is certianly alive in all of us in one way or another. lol

owls84

Premium Member
Brother Rhit hit the nail on the head.

The other night I did a presentation on how the 3 degrees could be symbolic of the levels of consciences, as we master each one we become the FC and then the Master. Basically saying that I may have a Master’s dues card but I am but merely a FC mentally in my opinion and some members could relate while others just didn't get it. It is not to say those members are wrong it just means something else to them. When I teach what I learn I am sure to tell them that this is just what I think, and that their symbolism could mean something totally something else. All I am trying to do is to get the brethren to look deeper at what we are taught and find their own "light" if that makes sense.