My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just initiated!!

chris87gibbs

I cant get anyone to return my calls. Was suppose to have a meeting to see what I needed to do but i was stood up.

Freemason Connect Mobile

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
Chris87gibbs, find a few lodges close to you and show up an hour or so before their stated meetings. That gives you a chance to talk to the members of the lodge, and for them to get to know you. If you don't get that "warm and fuzzy feeling" at the first lodge you visit, head to the next lodge on your list. When you find one that feels like home, ask them for a petition. That's what I was told to do, and I'm glad I did.

-Scott

crono782

Premium Member
Yeah man. I know it seems convenient and all, but do yourself a favor and skip the phone, email, Facebook or whatever and go find these men face to face. It's often quicker and ultimately more gratifying.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

Same here. I kept glancing at my phone every few minutes to see if maybe I had missed thier phone call. Then it finally came. Im a bit nervous about the EA exam, as I am not the best with public speaking, but I am glad to have found a good Lodge with a great group of guys that will help me get over that fear.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Me too.. I was rushin to answer the phone every time it rang! I'm waiting for mentor to call but its not nearly as stressful.

Doug Jewell
Entered Apprentice
Reynoldsburg #340
Ohio Grand Lodge of The F&AM

dew_time

Yeah man. I know it seems convenient and all, but do yourself a favor and skip the phone, email, Facebook or whatever and go find these men face to face. It's often quicker and ultimately more gratifying.

Freemason Connect Mobile

100% agree!

Doug Jewell
Entered Apprentice
Reynoldsburg #340
Ohio Grand Lodge of The F&AM

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
I kinda feel sorry for those of you whose lodges go dark for the summer. The only time I've seen my lodge go dark was when New Year's Day fell on the same day as the stated meeting, and of course, during Christmas, and we usually have some sort of open or public (family) function then.

barofdeath

I've only been able to attent 2 stated meetings and participate in an mm degree before my lodge went dark. I've been doing some work on lodge sponsored events though to keep in touch with my brothers.

Freemason Connect Mobile