My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just raised!

Nickel City Dude

Which bring to mind the question, How many Masons does it take to change a light bulb?..... the answer is 17, one to change the bulb and 16 to do the ritual.
I thought that this was a good joke so I went to tell it to a couple of older brothers in my Lodge. When I asked them How many Masons it takes to change a light bulb they looked at each other and said "Change?!"

Mike Mendelson

That's hilarious! I'll just say that in "changing the lightbulb" they picked the biggest guys in the county to participate. It was awesome. Although I had a mask on throughout, everyone could tell that I had a huge grin from ear to ear. Festive Board to follow in the spring once the Omicron variant calms down (So mote it be)!

flipster

Welcome and congratulations on your MM. We have two EA for proficiency Tuesday, and a petition for the desk that night, also. One EA said he wants every experience in the degree work, and not to hold back. I have called upon three brothers from a nearby lodge who play the ruffians to perfection. He asked for it. Incidently, his grgrandfather was a member here. When I took his petition, we sat in the lodge room. I told him that I knew for a fact that on April 17, 1916, he was sitting exactly where his progenitor sat. We do not change much. It was an awesome time with him.

Mike Mendelson

That's wonderful! I enjoyed everything (had to remind myself not to try to fight back at first). What was really great was signing the lodge register which dates back to the 1890s, holding the signature of every MM for over 120 years! (Probably not so impressive to my Bros across the pond, but it was for me). :)

I've volunteered to be a catechism instructor for the next to our lodge EA, due to be initiated next month. I think that's a good way to continue my involvement.

flipster

I was in the basement vault a while back. I found a book of photos of MM from about 1867 through about 1915. The photos were taken about 1915. They look untouched. I also found three tapes from Templars from 1950's. A brother and I have sent them in to be converted to digital. Haven't seen them yet. There are a lot of records. It will take several to somehow catalogue all. Those signatures and adding yours is priceless.

flipster

I should have been more clear. I found three movies of Templar conclaves from the 1950's. That has been converted to digital. But records should be well protected.