My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Templar – Freemasonry Connections

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I greatly doubt the old Knights Templar story. Given that we have no evidence of any special signs or esoterica before the late 17th century, it is far more likely that gentlemen of that era introduced those elements, given how popular esoterica was in western European upper class social circles and how dangerous it could be to not agree with ones local monarch at the time.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Stephen Dafoe authored a great book on the Masonic Templars as well as the perpetuation myths of the Crusading Templars.

HumbleGuard

Knights Templar – Freemasonry Connections

This topic has personally intrigued me since i was introduced to the idea of a connection between templars and masonry, however ive never found any solid proof that actually states that the two ever were connected. I am still anticipating a black and white answer.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
It is impossible to prove a negative. Therefore, as long as people are willing to speculate and invent "possible" connections, a "black and white answer" is also impossible.

promason

Templar Knights may had developed a deep esoteric initiation to mysteries which may had perpetuated and reached our century,absolutely possible

promason

In many Christian communities of Middle East,as maronites of Lebanon and Arameans of Syria,you will find monks and initiatic templars who claim,since Middle Age,spiritual filiation with European Templars and assure to have received from them spiritual mysteries

promason

I definitely believe that Templar Knights let us a deep spiritual secret,a spiritual secret of which accomplished Rosicrucians may have a notion

promason

In my humble opinion,Templar Knights may have been,for the spiritual and moral benefit of mankind,the first continuers of Solomon and Hiram,the first Masons and the first Mason Masters