My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legenda and Liturgy

crono782

Premium Member
Does anyone recommend these two book series? What is the brief purpose of them? How integral are they to my SR learning?

jwhoff

Premium Member
Yes. Light is light. Rankings and wattage aren't so important. These volumes add to the bottom line.

Mac

Premium Member
If you purchase the Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide (or get it with the Master Craftsman program), I believe the Liturgies and Legendas are actually included as appendices. I'll have to double check when I get home, but honestly: This is my favorite textbook in Masonry.

crono782

Premium Member
If you purchase the Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide (or get it with the Master Craftsman program), I believe the Liturgies and Legendas are actually included as appendices. I'll have to double check when I get home, but honestly: This is my favorite textbook in Masonry.

Well poopie. I ordered the MCP so that will come with the monitor and I ALSO bought the whole set of Legendas and Liturgies. At least they'll look nice in my home library. ;)

crono782

Premium Member
Ok, someone help me out here. I'm a collector of books anyway, so I want the set now. :D
I've got Liturgy 4-14, Liturgy 15-18, and Liturgy 19-30 en route. Is there a Liturgy 30-32 (or 33)?
I've got Legenda 4-14 and Legenda 19-30 en route. Is there a Legenda 19-30 or a Legenda 30-32 (or 33)?
I've heard of some books called "Readings" and have seen "Readings XXXII" as well as a "Legenda XXXII". Ideas on these?

crono782

Premium Member
Ok, based on the book "Bibliography of the Writings of Albert Pike..."
I can conclude that there is NO Legenda for Chapter of Rose Croix.
There is a Legenda XXXII part [A] and B and also a combined [A]-B.
There is also a Readings XXXII.

The hunt begins.

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
I have not gone through the SR rituals yet, so, am I prohibited from reading these books?

Roy G. Vance
San Angelo Lodge 570
Jr. Deacon
San Angelo, Tx
Phil Head Lodge 1415
Jr. Warden
Carlsbad, Tx

Mac

Premium Member
Not at all! You just won't have the same context as someone who has been through the degrees.

Freemason Connect Mobile

crono782

Premium Member
I think I've finally located a suitable 2 volume (rather than the separated 3 volume) set of Legenda XXXII [A]-B and Readings XXXII in good conditions. My understanding is that these books have been out of print for quite some time (decades) even though the AASR SJ has the others in reprint. Even though you can get some of them in print form in other locations (monitor/compilations), I'm excited to get my hands on originals from a collector standpoint. :D