Looking to join the Masons in D/FW Area (Bedford)

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by mike, Oct 1, 2009.

1. mike

mike Registered User

Hello,

Forgive my lack of knowledge but I would like to become a mason. From what little I know of the tenents I agree wholeheartily. I believe in the ONE Supreme Being, the constant strive for improvement of one self and honestly from what I've seen I would love to join a community that does so much in philanthropy and charity. My interest stems since childhood (probably the mystery) but recently I have become an amateur student of theology, or specifically, the common threads that run through world religions past and present and through some in depth thinking I was led to Masonry. I have a limited concept of the tree of life (Qabbalistic) and believe that it is every man's job to bring as much of heaven to Earth as possible. I think I can further enhance my insights into life through this fraternity. I would appreciate any help and hope I am not to far off base with any my views. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Michael A. Tucker

2. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

Mike,
    Check your personal messages.

3. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

You sound like a Man I would be proud to have in my Lodge. I encourage you to seek light in Masonry. You will not be sorry. Masonry needs deep thinking men.
    http://www.grandlodgeoftexas.org/

4. mike

mike Registered User

Thank you so much for your help. It looks like Lodge 1441 is my best bet. But I have a problem, I am not aware of any masons and as I understand the process I need at least 2 members to vouch for my character, any tips on how to proceed from here?

5. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

Just go up and meet the guys. They can sign for you.

6. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

Check out their meeting dates and time and go down there and introduce yourself. I know it is a little scary but they will welcome you. I promise.
    You will be glad you did.

7. Ben Rodriguez

Ben Rodriguez Registered User

I highly encourage you to visit a lodge, get to know the members, chitchat with them, have lunch, make friends, etc. We'll always be glad to see a new face in lodge, I am sure you will be guided the right way. Don't be shy or feel awkward, again we enjoy meeting prospects.

Regards,

Share My Freemasonry