My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loving it.

Raiegn

I was raised on June 28th and I have been loving my work. I have been appointed SD and I'm enjoying that place. I love Masonry!

Mt.Nebo #67
Nashville Tn.
MWPHGLOTN

Raymond Walters

Premium Member
First, I will congratulate you on the milestone you have achieved.

Next, I AM curious is your appointment as SD interim/ pro-tem as you indicated that you have been raised on June 28th?

I trust you are studying to fully grasp the the duties of an SD and your specific responsibilities to the position you have been appointed to. Might I also suggest that you study & learn your Grand Lodge's Code/ Constitution, your Lodge by-laws, and become an avid reader of things Masonic (if you haven't already started).

Practice - Practice - Practice

P.S. Please remember that Masons meet as a Lodge --- NOT in one!

Raiegn

First, I will congratulate you on the milestone you have achieved.

Next, I AM curious is your appointment as SD interim/ pro-tem as you indicated that you have been raised on June 28th?

I trust you are studying to fully grasp the the duties of an SD and your specific responsibilities to the position you have been appointed to. Might I also suggest that you study & learn your Grand Lodge's Code/ Constitution, your Lodge by-laws, and become an avid reader of things Masonic (if you haven't already started).

Practice - Practice - Practice

P.S. Please remember that Masons meet as a Lodge --- NOT in one!
I would imagine that it's interim and just to give me practice at the moment. I am studying the constitution and the SD position daily. Not sure what pro - tem means as I have never heard or saw that term used before. Thanks for your congrats.

crono782

Premium Member
Pro tem is short for "pro tempore". Just a Latin phrase meaning "for the time being". A temporary appointment.