My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Restoration Foundation

Sirius

Awesome website about a possible future for some lodges and Masonry in general.

http://www.masonicrestoration.com/

The Masonic Restoration Foundation and its members believe deeply in the following tenets regarding Freemasonry:

• Freemasonry is foremost an initiatic institution, the main purpose of which is to teach good men to subdue their passions, to become masters of themselves, and to become better men.
  • In keeping with the understanding that Freemasonry “makes good men better,†a man should only be initiated into the Masonic Order if he is good and is capable of being made better. Determining the qualifications of men seeking admission is an essential aspect of upholding the integrity of our ancient institution.
  • Ritual must always be performed in a solemn and dignified manner. All efforts must be made to provide the most meaningful initiatic experience for each candidate.
  • Sufficient time must be given to candidates between degrees for intellectual study, contemplation and self-transformation. The candidate must demonstrate progress in his understanding of Freemasonry before being advanced to the next degree. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate positive changes in his character prior to becoming a Master Mason. Every newly raised Master Mason must feel that he has grown intellectually and spiritually through his Masonic experience.
  • Masonic lodges and their members must be active in Freemasonry. Masons have traditionally come together to seek fellowship and fraternity in a common pursuit of virtue. Lodges should be large enough to be efficient, but small enough for all the brethren to closely know one another.
  • Lodges should engage in communal dining in a ritualized atmosphere as frequently as possible. Holding an Agape or Festive Board after meetings provides the final element to a complete Masonic evening. Table Lodges and Feasts of Saint John offer opportunities to observe important Masonic traditions with the larger Masonic community.
  • Masonic meetings should be dedicated to attaining deeper understanding of Freemasonry. Presentation of lectures, poetry, music, and discussion of the arts, philosophy and history all play an important role in furthering the aims and growth of a Masonic lodge and its members.
  • Freemasonry emphasizes the values of duty and service and Masons are expected to attend all meetings, and if unable to do so, provide the lodge with notice of absence in advance. This rule ensures active participation, keeps Masons actively connected to their brothers and their lodge and cultivates personal responsibility.
  • Serving in a Masonic Office is a privilege and not a right. Officers of Masonic lodges must be elected and appointed based on their merit. Officers must be able to demonstrate their qualifications to execute the duties of their office and ability to make the necessary time commitment.
  • The Master of a Masonic lodge must be well versed in Masonic teachings and traditions, be a proven leader and possess a character worthy of respect.
  • The improvement of the individual is the most fundamental aspect of improving society.

Frater Cliff Porter

Premium Member
Brothers the MRF is working hard to make itself a useful tool for Masons. We welcome comments and discussion btw and you can always e-mail me privately if you need something from the MRF.

Frater Cliff Porter

Premium Member
I would encourage any Brother interested to come stay at the Porter house for a day or two and share in lodge with us. It is addicting in many ways and we love visitors.

Please PM me for a phone number, give me a call, and come visit.