My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mehr Licht!

david918

Premium Member
Mehr Licht!

More Light!

Number 254 – December 07, 2009

Here is something I received by email from Brother Harold Davidson, librarian for The Philalethes Society, and founder of the Billings Masonic Library. I don’t know how widely this has circulated, but I thought I would put it in Mehr Licht for the enjoyment of those who have not seen it before and those of us who would like to see it again. Thanks for sending it Brother Harold. By the way, if you’re looking for some good used Masonic Books Brother Harold is a good Mason to check with to see if he has an extra copy for sale. Brother Harold is my favorite source for good used Masonic books. Here is Brother Harold’s email address; brodave@wtp.net

Brother Harold wrote: I thought that you might enjoy, and get something from, this.

Harold

A Mouse in the House

Author Unknown

A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package. "What food might this contain?" The mouse wondered. He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed this warning: "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it." The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it but pray.. Be assured you are in my prayers."

The mouse turned to the cow and said, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose."

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap . . . Alone. . . .

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house -- the sound Of a mousetrap catching its prey.

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see it. It was a venomous snake whose tail was caught in the trap. The snake bit the farmer's wife.

The farmer rushed her to the hospital. When she returned home she still had a fever.

Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup. So the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient: But his wife's sickness continued. Friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig. But, alas, the farmer's wife did not get well... She died. So many people came for her funeral that the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them for the funeral luncheon.

And the mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

So, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and you think it doesn't concern you, remember ---

When one of us is threatened, we are all at risk. We are all involved in this journey called life. We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.

- REMEMBER - EACH OF US IS A VITAL THREAD IN ANOTHER PERSON'S TAPESTRY. OUR LIVES ARE WOVEN TOGETHER FOR A REASON.

One of the best things to hold onto in this world is a FRIEND.

Words to live by: An essential ingredient, if we are going to make it through, is a healthy dose of kindness and compassion for our fellows and our own flawed stumbling.

To view and participate in this week’s Masonic Monday Question, please go to LodgeBuilder > Home ( DNN 2.1.2 ) and click on the Lodge Education forum. When you have an answer, send it to masonicmonday@gmail.com

The Masonic Monday Question for the week of 12-07-09 is: Why do we have Masonic Lectures and what are they?

More Light – Mehr Licht ©, Masonic Matters © and T.F.S. ©, are sent out by Email at no charge to anyone who would like to receive them. If you enjoy these publications please share them with others. To subscribe to these publications just send an E-mail to erhmasonic@gmail.com with Subscribe in the subject line and you will be added to the list to receive the publications.

Brother Ian Luhm of our Grand Lodge Education Committee has posted another education video on You Tube: It can be viewed at: [video=youtube;JUsEQa2RMCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUsEQa2RMCc&feature=autofb[/video]

With “Brotherly Loveâ€,

Ed Halpaus

---