Model Railways

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Special Interests' started by Tim Caldwell, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Tim Caldwell

Tim Caldwell Premium Member

Greetings brethren. Are there any other brothers who have model railways? I've spent 8 year so far building mine, and it's not finished yet. ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1389484353.066289.jpg ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1389484379.972488.jpg

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Bloke likes this.
  2. brother blaine

brother blaine Registered User

I used to as a younger but have stopped it was always fun

3. Browncoat

Browncoat Registered User

No model railroad is ever finished! N scaler here.

4. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member Site Benefactor

I have a 40+ year old Santa Fe Chief HO set tucked away. It has resurfaced for Christmas a time or two, but I've never had the space for a permanent build.
    Beautiful set-up you have there!

5. DJGurkins

DJGurkins Floresville #515 Premium Member

What scale do you have? I have always wanted to get myself a starter set and build up a mock up of Silverton to Durango line complete with a galloping goose.

6. Tim Caldwell

The layout is OO scale in my loft. It is set in the 1930s,in the west of England/Welsh borders.

7. DJGurkins

How big is your layout? I am thinking I will do a 4x8 sheet of plywood to start mine when I do.

8. Tim Caldwell

My layout is 17x11. With some thought,I managed to get 200ft of track in that space.

9. DJGurkins

Wow that is big. I thought I was maybe starting to big but maybe its not. I just cant decide between N and O. I want to start with 4x8 set up and then add to it if I am allowed by the boss of this house LOL.

10. Mark Petro

Mark Petro Registered User

Another N-Scaler here. It's a great hobby and I really enjoy it, but constant construction relocation every couple of years has really limited what I can do.

11. okielabrat

okielabrat Registered User

I am a model railroader as well. Currently I am building an HO scale layout depicting the St. Louis-San Francisco's Arthur Subdivision in Paris, Texas, circa 1975-1978. Besides the Frisco (of which I am a member of their historical society, and have more Frisco locomotives than I really need (don't tell the wife I said that!!)), I am including the Missouri Pacific and Santa Fe, as they also had a presence in Paris.

Share My Freemasonry