My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Day at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital For Children

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I am four years old and I was born with a form of Spina Bifida L5 called Myelomeningocele (a severe form of spina bifida in which the spinal cord and nerves develop outside of the body and are contained in a fluid-filled sac that is visible outside of the back area and hydrocephalus, a condition that causes the fluid inside of the head to build up, causing pressure inside of the head to increase and the skull bones to expand to a larger than normal size). But don't let any of those medical terms scare you, because I was wonderfully made. I do wear braces, but they only help me run, skip, and jump. I am very smart do not qualify for any type of special ed at school and even though I do have bowel and bladder issues, that's nothing compared to the blessings the Lord has given me. When the doctor asked my parents if they wanted to have an abortion they said no and chose life. Now I am a healthy beautiful little girl and I am sooooo glad that they loved me so much as to keep me no matter what. Scottish Rite Hosptial for Children treats kids like me and even though clinic days aver VERY long they always treat me very nice and make me feel very special. Thank you Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

[video=youtube;-9tra3bqL4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9tra3bqL4k[/video]