My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never thought I'd join, but...

David N.

Premium Member
I have honestly never had much interest in the OES, and was relieved that my girlfriend (niece of a MM) didn't either.
The chapter that meets at my lodge pretty much seems to just meet there (meaning you never hear about them doing anything.)
And really, I don't need "just another meeting" to attend. I'd rather travel around to degrees and spend time with my brothers.
Yesterday, though, we were invited to an open OES officer installation in a neighboring district by a Grand Lodge officer who has become a dear friend and close brother.
I don't think he was trying to sell me on the OES, he just knows I like to get out and about as often as I can.
Well, not only did we have a wonderful time, but that lodge and chapter have really got a good thing going.
Their Blue Lodge and Star Chapter work closely together to provide almost non-stop community outreach and charitable projects all year long.
They have a strong community presence and focus on giving back to the community and helping the less fortunate.
I really was blown away.
I had just been talking to another brother about how one of the reasons I joined Freemasonry was to give back, but our lodge had sorta gotten away from that over time (something we are trying to slowly change.)
Once I saw what this group of fantastic people were doing, it was a no brainer.
Also, the food...the food...
So anyway, I met up with this brother again last night to go see a 1st Degree, and turned in two petitions.