My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New books I got

Tony_Twotones

I received from a friend a few books to read on the craft. I want to make sure that by reading them I am not spoiling any degree work or anything since I am not yet a EA. The books are...

Born in Blood

Solomon’s builders

The lost keys of Freemasonry

“It is only a step from boredom to disillusionment, which leads naturally to self-pity, which in turn ends in chaos.”- Manly P. Hall

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
BIB reveals more than you would want to know. It's not something you want to read especially before you go through.

Tony_Twotones

BIB reveals more than you would want to know. It's not something you want to read especially before you go through.

Perfect thank you! That was the one that most intrigued me but I will practice patience and wait for it. What do you recommend after the 3rd degree before I dive in? Thanks for the input

“It is only a step from boredom to disillusionment, which leads naturally to self-pity, which in turn ends in chaos.”- Manly P. Hall

vinceatwork

To Tony Twotones:
On this I disagree with my brethren on this forum: Read all you can – you will not spoil the experience of your degrees – but make them even more meaningful. And if you are not yet initiated, ask the secretary of the lodge you intend to join for the lodge By-Laws – so you know in advance what you are subscribing to and pledge to obey. If your sponsors are liberal, they will also allow you to read the Constitution of the Grand Lodge under which your lodge operates. All this will not spoil your degrees, you will not lose all your hairs, or go blind - I can assure you.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
To Tony Twotones:
On this I disagree with my brethren on this forum: Read all you can – you will not spoil the experience of your degrees – but make them even more meaningful. ...
When you want to ruin the intended experience of a "who done it" mystery, by all means, read the last chapter.