My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Nike+ Running App???

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Anyone else using that new Nike+ Running app that is on the iPhone? Don't know if it is on Android phones, but I'm sure with as big as Nike is, they have it on there as well. Looking to add some "friends" on there to help with run motivation and stuff. Pretty awesome app that is totally free and logs all your run information and GPS stuff straight from the phone.

Let me know if you got it.

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Is that the one that you need to buy a device to out in your shoe? I saw something like that at the local sporting goods store. I don't have an Iphone, I have an Android. I use MapMyRun...check it out if you are interested, if you like it you can add me as a friend and we can see each others routes and stuff, its pretty neat

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Nah, its not that same one. The one I am talking about is called Nike+ Running. You don't need to have that sensor in the shoe at all. It uses the phones GPS and accelerometer (or something like that lol) instead of having to pair up with that sensor in the shoe. I don't know if the app is on Android (cause I am anti...lol), but I'm sure that it is.

I took a gander at the MapMyRun app, but from the reviews I was looking at, the GPS wasn't as accurate as the new Nike+ Running app when it came to tracking your running route and also accuracy on your running pace. The Nike+ website also has a LOT of well laid out statistical stuff that it recieves from your runs and helps you improve stuff. I didn't see if MapMyRun had that kind of website or not, but I have been hooked on this Nike+ Running thing since I got it...lol So, I will prolly stick with it. If you do switch over to Nike, let me know and we can add each other as friends on there. If Nike starts sucking, I'll switch over to yours.

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Kool, yeah I never heard of the the Nike+ Running, but I am definitely going to check it out. As far as I knew the MapMyRun app was the only one of its kind so I am glad to hear their are options to compare. Good stuff, I'll let you know if I can get it on Android (because Android is open source and not run like an Apple prison camp..GO FREEDOM LOL!....yeah this coming from a Verizon customer right? lol) and let you know. More than likely if I can access it I will switch over just so I can add a friend...I have no friends on MapMyRun, I just use it to see some statistics so if Nike's is better in even the smallest sense of the word, I am there Brother!

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Is that the one that you need to buy a device to out in your shoe? I saw something like that at the local sporting goods store. I don't have an Iphone, I have an Android. I use MapMyRun...check it out if you are interested, if you like it you can add me as a friend and we can see each others routes and stuff, its pretty neat

MapMyRun is a great app! The Nike +, at least for me is a small device you insert in your sole, then sync with your phone. Maybe I'm behind...lol