My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Scottish Rite Body

tomasball

Premium Member
On March 10, 2012, the Sovereign Grand Inspector General in Texas will Constitute and Inaugurate "Rio Grande Lodge of Perfection," the first Scottish Rite body south of the King Ranch. There will be a reunion and conferral of degrees preceeding, and a gala banquet accompanying the consititution ceremony. This is the first time in decades this ceremony has been performed in Texas...and something you might not have the chance to see again in your lifetime. Details will follow, but the reunion, banquet and ceremony are planned to be held in Brownsville.

Tom Ball 33*

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Hope to see the details soon. I would like to go but Brownsville is a bit of a stretch for me when it comes to traveling.

jpvillarreal

Can't wait for this. So excited. I've been thinking about joining SR. I'm from Rio Grande Lodge 81 and I am planning to be there for this.

Mac

Premium Member
I will do my absolute best to be there, brother. This sounds like an amazing event.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Let the light begin to shine! Extremely excited for brothers in The Valley region. I couldn't imagine living without the bodies in Houston and Galveston. I've enjoyed their presence very much. It's a sad month when I can't interact with these wise brethren.

Let the Scottish Rite brighten your life. Join immediately!

tomasball

Premium Member
Further Information: The gala banquet and Ceremony of Constitution and Inauguration of Rio Grande Lodge of Perfection will take place Saturday, March 10, 2012, at 6:00 pm at Rancho Viejo Country Club in Brownsville. The Sovereign Grand Inspector General in Texas, Ill. M. Douglas Adkins will preside, assisted by Past Grand Master Reese Harrison, Chairman of the Valley of San Antonio, and other dignitaries from around the state. Tickets are $50. This is an open meeting.

Prior to this, a Scottish Rite Reunion and conferral of degrees will be held at the Brownsville Lodge, beginning Friday evening, March 9, and completing Saturday.

Questions and reservations may be directed to me right here.

Tom Ball 33*
Venerable Master-Elect