My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NMJ Virtual Reunion

Winter

Premium Member
This popped up on my news feed this morning. Has anyone else seen the NMJ is doing a Virtual Reunion to join the Scottish Rite?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Keith C

They did several last year as well.

Additionally last Winter they did a series "Thursday Night at the Rite" where a different Degree was presented virtually on-line. I really enjoyed the series. You had to log in to the NMJ website with your Member credentials to access the Degrees.

Winter

Premium Member
Are they making Scottish Rite Masons this way now, virtually? As in you don't need to at least go to a reunion over a weekend, just log on?

Winter

Premium Member
Well, I'm not sure I care for that at all. Granted, one could argue it isn't much different from sitting in the stands watching the degrees. But this reduces it to a whole new level of why even have the appendent body? Just upload the videos to the GL website and encourage Brothers to watch them. Oh, right, the dues. I'm sure they charged full price for this virtual experience. I am glad I left the NMJ. It is such a different experience here in the SJ. But if they pull this nonsense here it will be my cue to demit.

MarkR

Premium Member
And yet, the NMJ did a regular Annual Session in Cleveland last month, including the 33° conferral in a packed auditorium, but the SJ did their annual session with only the Supreme Council present, and no 33° conferral. Meanwhile, my SJ valley is conducting business as usual, conferring and/or communicating degrees in person every month.

Winter

Premium Member
And yet, the NMJ did a regular Annual Session in Cleveland last month, including the 33° conferral in a packed auditorium, but the SJ did their annual session with only the Supreme Council present, and no 33° conferral. Meanwhile, my SJ valley is conducting business as usual, conferring and/or communicating degrees in person every month.
None of that addresses a concern about initiating brothers into an appendant body over a laptop. What's next, a virtual Man-to-Mason?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
We will be conferring the KCCH, 33, and GC first weekend of November in Utah.

MarkR

Premium Member
We will be conferring the KCCH, 33, and GC first weekend of November in Utah.
We're doing the KCCH in St. Paul in a couple of weeks, and 33° a month later in Minneapolis. A trip to Minneapolis in late November is often an adventure!