My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Blue Lodge, Southern Orient?

hanzosbm

Premium Member
I recently moved to the Cincinnati area (about a 30 minute drive to the Kentucky border) and will soon be joining a blue lodge here. While I am not yet a member of the Scottish Rite, it is something I intend to do in the future. Obviously, there are some differences between the northern and southern jurisdictions, and I was curious if a Mason has the option of joining a SR jurisdiction in a state that is different than his blue lodge.

I don't know if that's the path I would want to go, just trying to figure out if I'd have the option when the time comes to choose between northern or southern.

Brother John

I'd looked up an answer for this very question for a relative of mine.
I'd been told that according to the AASR SJ, you don't have to live in the same state as the consistory you aim to join. My family member can live New York, but join a consistory in California, if he wanted to. Might miss some meetings though.

I also know a couple of men that live in states that are Northern Jurisdiction areas but have memberships at AASR SJ temples.

Sorry that nobody was able to get to your question sooner, brother. Hope you've found your answer and made your move by now. :D