My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure if I have even met a mason...

stephenaulds

hmm...yes, yes....all of your answers were acceptable except that you forgot the Kryptonite ring given to batman by superman in the event superman should ever go astray. He doesn't need time to prepare as he all ways keeps the ring in a secure lead lined pouch on his belt!! You did pick the right person though.....I shall have to discuss your answers with the committee!

Daniel Mosmeyer

Premium Member
BryanMaloney, let me tell you a little story about "not having met any masons".

I am 50 years of age.
In 2003 my dad passed away at the age of 87.
Last summer I saw a picture of one of my older sibling brothers on vacation. I noticed "jewelry" on his jacket collar. Upon enlarging the photo I saw it to be square and compases. So, I shot him an email hoping he was having fun and by the way was that a Masonic lapel pin? He said yes, he had been a mason for 30-odd years and was also in the Shrine. I replied with my surprise telling him I never new. He responds telling me dad had been a mason for 65 years, and most of the men we knew as kids were as well........AND I NEVER KNEW! Since I was initiated in April, it has been a steady stream of elderly men that I haven't seen for a long time but know all by name.

You may be surprised by how many masons you have actully met and never knew.....I lived 18 years in the same house as a man and never had a clue.

promason

Thanks for the lights you generously provide us,God Bless you and God Bless Masons and Masonry,yesterday,today,and tomorrow,amen,thanks a lot

jwhoff

Premium Member
My dad (a mason) passed away when I was 14. I never wanted for that helpful hand. Someone always stepped up when I needed a clue. Never really found out why until I became a mason.

This is a great fraternity!