My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oes

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
My wife would like more info on what the eastern star is about. Maybe not the nitty gritty details but as an organization. Do they have ritual, or work that one as to do, etc...? I have never been to anything oes and always forget to ask at lodge or when practicing with my teacher.

cemab4y

Premium Member
See their main site:

http://www.easternstar.org

As a Master Mason, you are permitted to attend OES meetings as a visitor, in some states. It is part of the wages of a Master Mason, in many states, including Kentucky. The visitation privilege varies in some other states.

Last edited:

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
As a Master Mason, you are permitted to attend OES meetings as a visitor.

Brother Charles, while this may be true for other Masonic Bodies (DeMolay) this is not true for the OES at least as far as Texas is concerned. Men must go through the same rituals / degrees as the ladies do.

Ashlar

See their main site:

http://www.easternstar.org

As a Master Mason, you are permitted to attend OES meetings as a visitor, in some states. It is part of the wages of a Master Mason, in many states, including Kentucky. The visitation privilege varies in some other states.

I do not know where this information comes from but it is incorrect . The only Master Masons in Kentucky permitted to attend OES Chapter meetings are Master Masons who are also members of the Order . Just because you are a Master Mason does not automatically give you the right to attend our meetings as a visitor .

scialytic

Premium Member
Did you ever join OES? I went through with my wife this past year and I really enjoyed it. I actually found the ritual pretty fascinating. I've been focusing my research elsewhere, but there are a few aspects that I am dying to dig into. Well worth the minimal due fees.

I have actually not been able to be active in it...yet. My wife had to have a pretty serious medical procedure and they also meet on my Scottish Rite night. I am probably going to take my wife to visit another Chapter. I'm curious to see how a meeting runs with a larger core group. Mine is active, but it didn't seem thick on regular members attending. I thought I would hit every other one, but I enjoy Scottish Rite fellowship too much to miss a meeting... :-(