My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organization of Triangles, Inc-New York

Alan Henderson

I also want to congratulate Bianca and Brother Clint. I am Megan's father who somehow stumbled upon this website while looking for information for my daughter. My daughter Megan also I think was there and met Bianca. Megan also was just named the State Representative for the Organization of Triangles of New York.

CLewey44

I also want to congratulate Bianca and Brother Clint. I am Megan's father who somehow stumbled upon this website while looking for information for my daughter. My daughter Megan also I think was there and met Bianca. Megan also was just named the State Representative for the Organization of Triangles of New York.
Thank you very much and yes Bro. Alan, she was a nice young lady that knew her stuff. We are really excited about this. Gives me and Bianca something to do together and is beneficial for her development as well. Hopefully she sticks with it and goes through until she is 21. I'm thinking it'll give her some responsibility and a good way to meet different girls outside her school district of all ages.

Alan Henderson

Congratulations to Bianca and her Proud Dad!

Is Triangle a NY only organization? Do Rainbow for Girls and Job's Daughters also operate in NY or is Triangle the only Girls Youth organization associated with Masons?
triangle and rainbow are both in new york state. Jobes daughters is in i believe virginia and was in texas a while ago, they are in a couple of other states. Triangle is a new york state organization while rainbow, like demolay, is international. ~megan henderson

ERHansen

I'm one of the advisors of the chapter she just joined and we are so thrilled that we were able to get Bianca into our group. It's true that we were reorganizing and have skirted with falling into complete darkness for many years. There was always hope that it would come around and I think everyone involved is really excited about our recent growth--we started the year with 1 member and we will end the year with (at least) 3 new members including Bianca.

I'm a Past Beloved Queen (my photo is from when I was involved) and a Past State Representative (what Megan is now). I'm also an unofficial historian of our organization because Fidelity Triangle #4 is one of the oldest in the state. We have a bunch of old paraphernalia from the early days of the organization and I have also collected a bunch that has popped up on Ebay over the years. But I have also been interested in the history of the other youth groups in the state.

From my research, I can tell you that Job's Daughter's was never really active in NYS (any maybe not at all in the North East). By 1924, Rainbow was active in NY (and still is) and NJ but it may not have had the wide support of NY Grand Chapter, which later took up the project of forming the Daughters of the Eastern Star (which eventually became the Organization of Triangles, Inc.). There was also another youth group for girls in NY that formed called Constellation of Junior Stars which folded several years ago.

If there is interest, I would be happy to share some historical files and photos. :)

CLewey44

I'm one of the advisors of the chapter she just joined and we are so thrilled that we were able to get Bianca into our group. It's true that we were reorganizing and have skirted with falling into complete darkness for many years. There was always hope that it would come around and I think everyone involved is really excited about our recent growth--we started the year with 1 member and we will end the year with (at least) 3 new members including Bianca.

I'm a Past Beloved Queen (my photo is from when I was involved) and a Past State Representative (what Megan is now). I'm also an unofficial historian of our organization because Fidelity Triangle #4 is one of the oldest in the state. We have a bunch of old paraphernalia from the early days of the organization and I have also collected a bunch that has popped up on Ebay over the years. But I have also been interested in the history of the other youth groups in the state.

From my research, I can tell you that Job's Daughter's was never really active in NYS (any maybe not at all in the North East). By 1924, Rainbow was active in NY (and still is) and NJ but it may not have had the wide support of NY Grand Chapter, which later took up the project of forming the Daughters of the Eastern Star (which eventually became the Organization of Triangles, Inc.). There was also another youth group for girls in NY that formed called Constellation of Junior Stars which folded several years ago.

If there is interest, I would be happy to share some historical files and photos. :)
Hey there Erika, very interesting. I was actually putting together a slide/powerpoint for our lodge due to a recent push by the Grand Master of the State of NY wanting to push youth organizations. Any information is appreciated!

ERHansen

Hey there Erika, very interesting. I was actually putting together a slide/powerpoint for our lodge due to a recent push by the Grand Master of the State of NY wanting to push youth organizations. Any information is appreciated!

Whatever you need! And shameless plug that whenever you give your presentation, you can have the Triangle Girls join you and do a degree. ;) BQ Hannah has also been wanting to go around to various chapters to do something similar. The youth groups have so much to offer!

ERHansen

BeFunky-collage.jpg
Just thought I would post a quick update on how the Triangle group that Mr. Lewey's daughter Bianca joined is doing. This past weekend we just initiated another young lady and we have 2 more candidates in the wings. We are nearly at a full floor of officers.

Bianca has proven to be our resident ritual whiz, performing on two separate occasions near perfect exemplification of the two ritual parts she accepted.

I can't tell you how excited everyone seems as we move forward!

CLewey44

View attachment 6491 Just thought I would post a quick update on how the Triangle group that Mr. Lewey's daughter Bianca joined is doing. This past weekend we just initiated another young lady and we have 2 more candidates in the wings. We are nearly at a full floor of officers.

Bianca has proven to be our resident ritual whiz, performing on two separate occasions near perfect exemplification of the two ritual parts she accepted.

I can't tell you how excited everyone seems as we move forward!
Oh thank you so much! She was so proud to read this!