My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past Master Night

sgtfred13

I am wanting to plan a past master night for our lodge. In addition to a nice meal what are some other ideas for celebrating these brothers?

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
That's the mainstay here; introductions and a meal. It's usually a pretty crowded (for us) event, and lasts long enough for most folks to go home sated.

California Master

Out here we have Past Master's nights. However, we put on 3rd degrees with the entire line consisting of Past Masters. I look forward to them each year. They ususally bring out a pretty good crowd as well. It's great to see PM's doing the ritual. As we say out here, Past Masters are infalible which means that we put on perfect degrees........yeah, right. But, we do have a good time and the candidate gets a very good degree. We usually have at least a couple of practices prior to the event.

The lodge generally provides a steak dinner or prime rib at no cost. Maybe that's why we have such a good turn out. Huh?

relapse98

I am wanting to plan a past master night for our lodge. In addition to a nice meal what are some other ideas for celebrating these brothers?

One of the ones I remember liking was we read a short bio of each Past Master and also had them stand up and tell us what they remembered from their time in the east and what they learned or did.

Ratchet

We use to have the Master open the Lodge and then have the Past Masters fill in the chairs.
Also we have a program honoring the living & deceased P.M.s.