My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition for Joint Recognition and Visitation

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Great post from 'Pat' Trainor on the FB page

"...To be as brief as possible, and to lead the reader to their own research, Prince Hall was an amazing person of his time. Literate, sly, persuasive and a sensitive negotiator-even for a white person this was rare. But you have to remember only one fact to understand why there wouldn't have have even been a PH Masonry if Prince Hall hadn't died. He was an 'abolitionist', which means that he opposed the slave trade, and human trafficking. He saw Masonry, and rightly so, as the vehicle to meet with the whites elbow to elbow-as equals. This would show the learned men in control of the slave trade that the black man was no different, and undeserving to be marginalized. Imagine his shock if today the masonry that bears his name even existed. He was extremely opposed to 'equal but separate', and would see a parallel Masonry as a setback and a failure."

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Here is an update, over 35K impressions 740 likes and we are averaging 1-2 forms submitted daily. FB Results 2.jpgForms Submitted (2).jpg

For all the response and support the petition is getting there are not as many forms being submitted as I would like, does anyone here recommend changes or updates that would generate more follow through?

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
AMEN BROTHER........Blake, I stand behind you 100 pct......you scream first, and I'll scream behind you, until the hardheads decide to have a renewing of the minds. if they don't, as I have always stated, a competent check on the decisions OR INDECISIONS of elected Brethren is the VOTE. and, I applaud Bro Neumann for his efforts as well. THAT EXEMPLIFIES TRUE MASONRY----a Brother that sees ONE PLANET, ONE CRAFT, ONE BROTHERHOOD......Men of all races, credds, and cultures who have one common thread..........Of course, on the PHA side, we are constantly having to contend with Clandestine Organizations, which cause confusion amongst Men who desire to join a Masonic Lodge. Proper education to those who express interest can assist us with that issue.

Also, I'd like to make mention of today being the 238th Anniversary of the initiation of Bro. Prince Hall into Masonry----March 6, 1775 marked a very important date in AMERICAN History. These 15 men were AMERICANS, initiated into a British Lodge on AMERICAN SOIL. It is good to be back on the Forum Brothers. I had been off for almost two months, to care for my Wife after surgery for a very bad Staph Infection.........she is healing and recovering well........glad to be back on reading and sharing with the Bros....................BRO. JONES

Cblack

Mine has been sent...waiting to see what the response will be

Freemason Connect Premium App

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Between this site and the social networking campaign we are maintaining a rate of 1-2 submissions a day between the 11 states. The only states I am counting out are MS and FL because the PHA lodges have been dropped from the UGLE roles.

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
We started on 2013-02-25, have been active for 13 days with 40 submissions throughout the 11 states we are sending petitions to. The page performance is as follows, impressions = 325,056 the clicks = 2,521 and the actions = 1,748. The breakdown is below:

ImpressionsSocial ImpressionsSocial %ClicksSocial ClicksClick Through RateSocial CTR
287,87172,13125.06%1,8332260.64%0.31%
29,59829,598100.00%3603601.22%1.22%
3,9543,95399.97%1831834.63%4.63%
15985.03%21013.21%0.00%
2,2371,77279.21%30261.34%1.47%
1,22288672.50%87627.12%7.00%
1300.00%2015.39%0.00%
242395.83%114.17%4.35%

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Work is pounding me 7/11.5 so I have not been as vocal, even so we are at almost 1300 "likes" and almost 100 petitions throughout the south 11.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Excerpt from the 2007 compact....

"Be it remembered that on December 1, 2006, The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas, in its 171st Grand Annual Communication acted favorably on the July 13, 2005 request of The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas, F. & A.M., and Jurisdiction, requesting fraternal recognition".

Thank you for this petition, I hope this sends a signal that the time for visitation is now. There's no excuse.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
A Brother by the name of David M. Baskin claims that he was on the Fraternal Relations committee when the compact was signed and that it was the MWPHGLOTX who did not want visitation, only recognition. I've heard this repeatedly over the years and the main reason was because both GL's, more so the MWPHGLOTX, were concerned about racism from BOTH sides.

A petition brings attention to the issue, but how do we get this this done? I'm not familiar with the bylaws of the MWPHGLOTX, but there has to be a way to bring a vote to allow visitation. If approved, that would effectively put the ball in "our court". It's been done in other Jurisdictions. If the MWPHGLOTX refuses to extend visitation, why couldn't members of the MWGLOTX propose a resolution do it? Talk about shaking things up!

Should this be made in the form of a resolution? If Prince Hall won't do anything, let's take the higher ground and set an example. Now THAT would shake things up!

Last edited:

Cblack

I doubt that the GLoTX will draft a resolution for visitation...it being the older GL and giving the MWPHGLOTX an opportunity the first time will wait for us to do it...the problem is that I don't think that anyone on our side has the balls to even bring it to the floor because they are afraid of being outcasted within the jurisdiction....but seeing and realising how important it is I plan on doing just that in June

JFS61

Premium Member
Has anyone actually contacted the Fraternal Relations Committee for their side of the story?

Last edited:

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I doubt that the GLoTX will draft a resolution for visitation...it being the older GL and giving the MWPHGLOTX an opportunity the first time will wait for us to do it...the problem is that I don't think that anyone on our side has the balls to even bring it to the floor because they are afraid of being outcasted within the jurisdiction....but seeing and realising how important it is I plan on doing just that in June

I've sent numerous emails to Past Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Texas, Grand Master Walt Rogers, Deputy Grand Master (R.W.) Jerry Martin, as well as the Prince Hall Grand Master, M.W. Wilbert Curtis yet none will take the time to reply to my to extending relations. Zero. Nada. Zip.

That being said, I have posted links to the petition on several Masonic Facebook Groups.

Last edited:

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
The petitions show a steady stream, rarely a day goes by without one being sent in. The sites will remain and we will continue pushing until this resolution has passed. Nothing is to be lost through visitation and the world is to be gained.

Squire Bentley

Premium Member
As a Prince Hall Mason I laud your efforts in this endeavor. Knowing Grand Master Curtis as I do and the other Prince Hall Texas Grand officers, negotiation, according to Masonic protocol, will be done in private between the two Grand Masters. Such is the way affairs are conducted between the President of the United States and foreign nations. I would not interpret, however, the non replies from the Grand Masters as a disagreement with your cause. Such might be the case but it also might not.

I think, for me anyway, the long term goal is to turn Freemasonry from a top down society back to a bottom up society. You are certainly paving the way.

How about we give this effort a little more publicity with an article about what you are doing on "The Beehive" at Freemason Information~Masonic Traveler and also likewise on Phoenixmasonry? I am open to writing such an article if you are game.

Please feel free to correspond with me at Phoenixmasonrydirector@gmail.com

Frederic L. Milliken
MWPHGLTX

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
I think that's an excellent idea Blake...............Bro Milliken and I have not met, but I am a fan of his site and ANY article he ever chooses to submit to our MWPHGLTX Quarterly Newsletter................Hope you and/or Bro Neumann correspond with him, and get that article done!! BRO JONES

kosei

Premium Member
I plan on bringing it to the floor in June as well.