My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petitioned

NativeSteel

I am going in tommorrow night for my first interview . Cant wait i really want to start my journey to brotherhood. Ive been in the military and one of the guys i was overseas with is a jr warden. It seem that from this forum that the meaning of brother means something to all masons, and i need that in my life. Wish me luck and give me prayers Freemason Connect Mobile

Last edited:

lsu4life4ever

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Humble Lodge No. 979
Initiated on June 4th, 2013.
Geaux Tigers!
So Mote It Be!

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
Just be yourself and relax. Remember this is just a few good men that want to see if they are meeting a good man that wants to be better. You will do fine. Good luck with your interviews.

rpbrown

Premium Member
Just be yourself in the interview. Once initiated, you will become a brother in a fraternaty that is as strong if not stronger that the ties you made in the military.

NativeSteel

Well i went in for my interview tonight and feel good about. I followed everyones advice to just be myself , and it was a breeze. Also i think it is a good sign that a 32° mason that was on the interview gave me a big book to study called history of freemasonry and concordant orders.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Zac.M

Hi I am having trouble getting my petitioned signed, there are gentleman who I have met and contacted through email spoke on the phone on numerous occasions and I felt the conversations we had at hours at a time were going good but after asking multiple times to set up a meeting to were we can talk about signing my petition and getting to know me better it is almost as if uninterested and some haven't returned my phone calls I am very humbled and patient about this but also eager to join the organization what should I do?

Freemason Connect Mobile

crono782

Premium Member
How about the actual men at the lodge? Have you spent time face to face with them at (before) their states meetings? That's a more sure fire way to go about it IMO.

EDIT: Let me expound further. A signature on a mans petition is perhaps one of the single most important things you can do as a mason. You are at the same time contributing to his masonic journey and also determining the future if the craft. These men *should* be getting to know you on a quite personal level before endorsing you. I don't think they are disinterested per se, but perhaps via email/phone is a little too impersonal. Remember masonry is not a title, but a brotherhood. For a man to call you his brother is a big deal and some men do not take that lightly.

I suggest more personal "face time" with the lodge brothers. It may take more time, but it will be worth it and ultimately more meaningful to you.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Last edited:

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
Zach.M, Crono is 100% right. The best way to get your petition signed is to drop by a lodge about 45 mins. before the meeting. After a few visits, you shouldn't have any problems getting the petition filled up.

Good luck!

Freemason Connect Mobile

NativeSteel

They ar right the reason i had mine signed on the spot is because of fate , when i entered the lodge i knew not a single person , when i looked around and started talking to guys i found out i served a tour with the jr. Warden ,a guy there is married to someone that is good friends with my mother and sister. And tons of veterans that i somwhat share experiences with.

I already feel like a brother to these guys , cant wait to actually become their masonic brother!

For the guy who seems to not ne able to get someone to sign their petition , keep trying they will soon see that your not going away and that your serious about your growth as a man. Good luck to you and wish me luck!

Freemason Connect Mobile