Phylaxis Society

Discussion in 'Prince Hall History and Research' started by AndreAshlar, Dec 12, 2014.

1. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

I'm still a member of the Phylaxis Society payed up for the next 4 years will do a lifetime membership when it's time to renew

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Ive always wondered what the meaning of phylaxis is and so i finally googled it...protection against infection. Very fitting considering what they do!

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

dfreybur likes this.
  3. AndreAshlar

AndreAshlar Registered User

4. mrpierce17

I believe they are a little slow in moving just as everything else in the fraternity as for you being a member of GLofNY that shouldn't be an issue with you being a member as long as they are in amity with the PHA GL witch I believe they are anyone can become a subscriber even non-Mason's only PHA and GL's who share mutual recognition with PHA GL's can be members did you mean to say you are a FPS (Fellow Phylaxis Society Member) a title given to one who has published something of significant importance AKA blockbuster issues

5. mrpierce17

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1471732604.640809.jpg
    I'm on it about to look over it now brother

6. mrpierce17

Awesome article brother I will be back ordering your other articles

7. mrpierce17

I'm sure you will be with us for a while and I'm sure you still have much more
    li/G\ht to impart

8. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Citation to the book your wife as reading that had "Ma-ha-ma-bona"?

9. Glen Cook

10. Glen Cook

At risk of not talking about you, but about the article referenced immediately above, I didn't seem to find the reference or source section. If I overlooked it, could you provide a link?

You indicate "alembic" is from Arabic. Citation? Is not alembic from the Greek and al-anbik the Arabic derivation thereof?

11. Glen Cook

Just a clarification. FSA Scot does not require publication for membership. Pretty much anyone can join. It has around three thousand members world wide. It is headquartered at the National Museums of Scotland, found in 1985 by a statutory merger of the National Museum of Antiquaries of Scotland and the Royal Scottish Museum.

12. Ripcord22A

Glen Cook likes this.
  13. Glen Cook

I provided no correction, but please do explain. You have claimed the source says something it does not. I would also note this is not the source one would expect to cite in a serious study.
    Not sure why you would want to speak Gaelic, as the goal is to communicate. Or is it?

14. Glen Cook

So, no reference or source section for your article?

If not the Greek, what is your source for the Arabic derivation?

Ripcord22A likes this.
  15. Glen Cook

You find those who make claims on lists, and when challenged, attack, change the discussion, ignore the question, perceive they are the victim...
    well, you get these folks on our lists, though I wouldn't say they were trolls. More of a narcissistic pattern or perhaps the frailties of age, in my view. They post something, but no one is allowed to question it. If you do, they will reiterate their personal qualifications, change the subject, engage in bullying and personal attacks, or completely ignore the question because they realize they've been caught out. Often, they end up either removing themselves from, or stopping their participation in the list because they don't get the approval and adulation they seek; or they end up being banned.
    At some point, I will mostly ignore them, as I've done with our two correspondents who have variously indicated Freemasonry is from extraterrestrials or having visions in the lodge.

To be fair, the instant individual has received positive feed back which reinforces his behavior by publication in a members' magazine. It is telling that he was turned down by a more scholarly journal, but that is because they just don't understand :).
    My funniest narcissistic story is about another attorney who explained his superiority with the statement "other people just don't think they way I do." When I pointed out this was the classic statement of a narcissist, he could not address that issue, but only reiterate his superior way of thinking.

16. Ripcord22A

Well since he openly admits to being a troll i think he should be banned

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

17. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Did Richard nuke his profile and posts? I suddenly have a bunch of gaps in conversations.

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

18. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

Same for me, lots of posts missing

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

19. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

There are no posts missing from my feed. I must have the right people on ignore. ;-)

20. Ripcord22A

I just used the member search option and it told me that "this member limits who may see his full profile" I think he put us all on ignore.

Share My Freemasonry