My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plantagenet Lodge No. 1454 - Contact Details, please

AAM

Premium Member
Please can anyone give me a contact telephone number/email address, etc, for:
Plantagenet Lodge No. 1454 in Albany, WA?

Many thanks,
AAM

AAM

Premium Member
Thank you for your response, Bloke.
I had already been to the web-link you sent, but there is no contact information there - just Lodge Name/Number, Town & State! That's what prompted me to ask here yesterday.
My interest? Just thought if I can get in touch with someone there, I'd try and plan a trip to coincide with their meeting. I probably wouldn't make the Perth - Albany trip just to attend a meeting; I would, however, plan a mini-break on the south coast (with wife in tow!) - if I have access to some meeting dates.
Thanks again.

LukeNic

Thank you for your response, Bloke.
I had already been to the web-link you sent, but there is no contact information there - just Lodge Name/Number, Town & State! That's what prompted me to ask here yesterday.
My interest? Just thought if I can get in touch with someone there, I'd try and plan a trip to coincide with their meeting. I probably wouldn't make the Perth - Albany trip just to attend a meeting; I would, however, plan a mini-break on the south coast (with wife in tow!) - if I have access to some meeting dates.
Thanks again.
Hi AAM,
Please can you give me a contact telephone number/email address, for:

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi AAM,
Hi Luke

We would have messaged on this Too hard to find that message.

Are you a Freemason ?

If you are, I would reach out to Grand Lodge WA - someone there will have their contact details. This lodge is one of only 4 on the continent of Australia working under UGLE.

Having asked 4 years ago, I would have thought you might have got them by now...

Your other option would be to ask one of the other English Lodges working here...

For what purpose are you after them ?

LukeNic

Hi Luke

Are you a Freemason ?

If you are, I would reach out to Grand Lodge WA - someone there will have their contact details. This lodge is one of only 4 on the continent of Australia working under UGLE.

Having asked 4 years ago, I would have thought you might have got them by now...

Your other option would be to ask one of the other English Lodges working here...

Hi Luke

Are you a Freemason ?

Hi there,
I am not a Freemason yet. I have just emigrated to Perth Australia and I want to join freemasonry ASAP. I would like to join under the English Constitution. That's why I ask for the specific lodge contact details (English Constitution).

Is Grand lodge of WA English Constitution? I assumed it was Australian constitution, hence why I was looking for the English Constitution contact details.

I am looking to become a Freemason in Western Australia under the English Constitution. Which is my best immediate lead or contact person in this regard?

It was not myself that enquired 4 years ago, it was another person, who was searching for the same details.

Thank you
Luke Nicolaou

Winter

Premium Member
Hi there,
I am not a Freemason yet. I have just emigrated to Perth Australia and I want to join freemasonry ASAP. I would like to join under the English Constitution. That's why I ask for the specific lodge contact details (English Constitution).

Is Grand lodge of WA English Constitution? I assumed it was Australian constitution, hence why I was looking for the English Constitution contact details.

I am looking to become a Freemason in Western Australia under the English Constitution. Which is my best immediate lead or contact person in this regard?

It was not myself that enquired 4 years ago, it was another person, who was searching for the same details.

Thank you
Luke Nicolaou
I wish you well on your Journey. But, be aware, terms like ASAP and immediate have nothing to do with the process of becoming a Freemason. It can often be excruciatingly slow. You may want to revise your expectations.

LukeNic

I wish you well on your Journey. But, be aware, terms like ASAP and immediate have nothing to do with the process of becoming a Freemason. It can often be excruciatingly slow. You may want to revise your expectations.
Hi there, I am fully aware of what becoming a Freemason entails. My father and best friend have been Freemasons for many many years.

I am not in a rush by any means. That's just the way I speak. Thank you for your advice though. Regards

Winter

Premium Member
Hi there, I am fully aware of what becoming a Freemason entails. My father and best friend have been Freemasons for many many years.

I am not in a rush by any means. That's just the way I speak. Thank you for your advice though. Regards
That's good. If I may suggest, make a new post in the Join the Brotherhood section instead of posting in a 6 year old thread. Tell us a bit about yourself and whay you want to join. And let us know how it goes with your journey.

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi there,

Thank you
Luke Nicolaou
Thanks for searching the forum to see if there was an answer - and sorry I did not read closely - apologies !

All States have their own GLs in Australia, with the NT attached to SA, and ACT attached to NSW. There is no single Grand Lodge for Australia

You can try and hunt for the details of that single English Lodge meeting in WA (You might be best going via London to do that), but there are more Scottish Lodges in WA ... but the most are under the Grand Lodge Western Australia. I would read this page and then fill in the form on it https://freemasonswa.org.au/become-a-freemason/ They might take a while to get back to you, their office is small, and after Christmas might be swamped.

If you wanted to follow up the Scottish angle, then https://www.dglwa.com.au/scottish-freemasonry-in-western-australi

Where are your Father and best friend Freemasons ? If in WA or under UGLE - I would get them to follow up.. but the form on the GL WA web site should get you connected, but not to the English Lodge..

The English lodges in foreign countries can be had to contact, we have one in Victoria, and it is easy to contact as it has a web site. https://combermere.org.au/ You might just call the Secretary Mike - he has his details at https://combermere.org.au/contact-information/ He is pretty good at replying, but I would call him... he might have a number for the UGLE lodge in WA.

LukeNic

Thanks for searching the forum to see if there was an answer - and sorry I did not read closely - apologies !

All States have their own GLs in Australia, with the NT attached to SA, and ACT attached to NSW. There is no single Grand Lodge for Australia

You can try and hunt for the details of that single English Lodge meeting in WA (You might be best going via London to do that), but there are more Scottish Lodges in WA ... but the most are under the Grand Lodge Western Australia. I would read this page and then fill in the form on it https://freemasonswa.org.au/become-a-freemason/ They might take a while to get back to you, their office is small, and after Christmas might be swamped.

If you wanted to follow up the Scottish angle, then https://www.dglwa.com.au/scottish-freemasonry-in-western-australi

Where are your Father and best friend Freemasons ? If in WA or under UGLE - I would get them to follow up.. but the form on the GL WA web site should get you connected, but not to the English Lodge..

The English lodges in foreign countries can be had to contact, we have one in Victoria, and it is easy to contact as it has a web site. https://combermere.org.au/ You might just call the Secretary Mike - he has his details at https://combermere.org.au/contact-information/ He is pretty good at replying, but I would call him... he might have a number for the UGLE lodge in WA.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your time and effort to help and assist me.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hi AAM,
So on the assumption that you have already checked in your local telephone directory it appears there are no publicly available contact details for this Lodge. This will be because this is a Lodge that operates independently and deals direct with HQ in London as there is no District Grand Lodge (which would have public contact information) in between and the only contact is through the bloke who volunteers to be the Secretary and who probably doesn't want his telephone number out where every nutjob going can start giving him a call after a few bevvies.

If you're sure you want to try to join the only English Lodge for miles around it's going to make things a bit more tricky for you as you will need to go to the Masonic Hall in Albany to see if there is any contact information posted up on the door or a notice board. Just in case there isn't you should write a letter addressed to the Secretary (detailing who you are, where you live, what you do for a living and importantly why you want to join that Lodge) that you can post through the front door in case there aren't any details and if they're interested they'll contact you.

Last edited: