My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers for Home

M

mark!

Well I haven't been on here all too much recently, things going on with the truck that needed fixing and now some major repairs underway for the house. We found out we have a slab leak in one of our bathrooms. This repair will cost around 2500, 3000 dollars. Just after putting 1500 in necessary maintenance in the truck, this comes as a pretty bad time, just before Christmas with 3 boys. We do have a Wells Fargo Home Projects card, just need prayers that they don't have any issues footing this and that the insurance company makes good on their claim and doesn't try to squeek out on some technicality.

Bro Mike

That seems to be a tough start to December. Hope things work out for you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

M

mark!

Thank you Brothers! Yesterday we contacted our insurance company, an adjuster should be out sometime tomorrow or the next day. Also, our Wells Fargo Credit line is going to come in to play and help out with everything we need as well. We called and inquired about our credit limit, and turns out it's $10,200.00. When our electrical box pretty much blew up in the garage we applied but they never told us exactly how much we were approved for, so thank God it was a pretty hefty amount. Still questioning about when to pay deductible or if they just take it out of the check they write us. Oh the fears and questions of filing a claim with the insurance company, haha. Thanks again for all of the prayers and warm wishes.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Went through a similar experience about a year ago, when a pipe broke. Nothing like spending a month in a hotel over the holidays....
Anyway, as I understand it, the process is pretty much the same for any insurance underwriter in TX. They will subtract the deductible from the amount their adjuster figures the job will cost. Depending on your policy, they will also deduct an amount for "depreciation". That's not to say that they won't come through with "replacement cost" (less deductible). They pay the balance once the work is completed.
Good luck with the repairs.

M

mark!

Thanks so much for the insight. The way it was explained to us by the company prior to the adjuster coming out, is that they will pay for everything except the actual repair. So, they pay for about $2200 of the job less deductible, which to me ain't too shabby considering it's a major repair job.

M

mark!

more good news, just got off the phone with insurance company, the adjuster comes out, he'll print the check from his car, and the deductible comes off the top, so there's no out of pocket money, another Thank God, was a bit worried.

M

mark!

Update on situation: The insurance adjuster came out today to look at damages and such, and went well. He's going to pay to have that bathroom pretty much remodeled. He'll pay for the floor to be taken up, the sinks to be taken out, toilet and bath tub removed and all put back in, bathroom repainted and everything. The check will be in the mail today, should be here Friday or Saturday. We're going to have the work done and placed on a wells fargo home projects card, then pay it off with the insurance money. All has worked out so far, and I'm relieved. Really happy with the insurance company on this one.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
All has worked out so far, and I'm relieved. Really happy with the insurance company on this one.
Mark this day on the calendar!
That's great news, Brother.
Tell the truth, now. You used the secret handshake to get that "special treatment", didn't you? :laugh:

M

mark!

Mark this day on the calendar!
That's great news, Brother.
Tell the truth, now. You used the secret handshake to get that "special treatment", didn't you? :laugh:

Haha, no sir there was a standard handshake, nothing more. The adjuster was a real nice guy, down to earth country looking folk, much like myself. I was pretty surprised myself when I heard the end result, and even when he said he could take care of my year old claim as well and get us money for that. However that would put us at 2 claims in a year, and another claim of course could subject us to removal from their client list, so we're not taking the chance, especially having an old beat up A/C unit outside.