My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public knowledge

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
These groups can lose all those rights, but it takes crossing a certain line.

Many years ago, a similar group operated here. They were loud and numerous, especially at certain events. One year, one of them slipped up and swung a sign at a peaceful citizen. That was the end of it. Restraining orders, loss of the right to protest, gather in public spaces, or give public speeches. They had to fight hard to continue operating as a "church" within city limits.
Without the hate agenda, the congregation dissolved in a fairly short time.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
And that's the line, violence or active advocacy of violence. This has been established all the way back to the "Time Immemorial" of Common Law.

widows son

Premium Member
But what's the difference between physical abuse and verbal? Verbal cam be just as damaging than physical. I also don't see how these people are doing this in the name of Jesus I was under the impression Christianity taught love, not hate. I'm with Obama on taking away their tax exemption status, they are not a church.

CajunTinMan

But if he does that then where would it stop? What if they then decided that preaching against homosexuality is hate speech. Would they then be able to ban the bible? It's a slippery slope.

CajunTinMan

Everything has consequences. If they got the crap beat out of them and I was the judge I would just have to say "Well you asked for it long enough you finally got what you deserve". Like my old daddy used to say "You better be ready to back those words up". But we all know that's not the way it would go.

Last edited:

Traveling Man

Premium Member
But what's the difference between physical abuse and verbal? Verbal cam be just as damaging than physical. I also don't see how these people are doing this in the name of Jesus I was under the impression Christianity taught love, not hate. I'm with Obama on taking away their tax exemption status, they are not a church.

Verbal abuse only works if you let it, and there lies the difference. The whole tax exemption thing I agree with; unless a religious organization can prove the they give more in charity than they take in they should not be granted any tax exemption what-so ever. Our communities are suffering from the lack of tax base, but many churches own prime real estate that receive a 100% exemption, this is morally reprehensible! No matter what religion!

widows son

Premium Member
You got a a good point Cajun. So what do we do then? It's obvious people dislike Westboro a lot, and there quite a bit of them that want something to be done. Protesting an innocent child's funeral, would be the line for me, and I agree that you can't just shut them down. But there's gotta be something that can be done.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Expose them. Let them talk and hang themselves.

It worked on "Tail-gunner Joe McCarthy" and it'll work on these zealots.

Remember the old saying:

You can fool all of the people some of the time
Some of the people all of the time
But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

The pendulum is a beautiful instrument.

CajunTinMan

WS your are right about that. The problem with these types of people is they probably want that to happen so they can be mortared. They represent the sickness of the world.