My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about chairs.

barofdeath

I'm a recently raised mm. I'm very interested in being the L.E.O. in my lodge. I've had some brothers tell me to start at other chairs. I know there's an order, but I love history and knowledge of freemasonry. What chair should I start at?

Freemason Connect Mobile

jwhoff

Premium Member
Start as Junior Stewart.

Not a bad place to practice circumscription of one's desires!

Remember the code. Silence is golden. After all, who wants their significant other to know they have any idea how to wash dishes?

:sneaky2:

Txmason

I agree with jwhoff also think about being marshal I did my first year and now I'm master of ceremonies (second time around) I really enjoy it! You get to interact with the candidate and it's an important job. Also when you practice a degree try out the Junior Wardens position it's a good place to both learn and observe

Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

L.E.O. is the lodge education officer. I'll look into JS at my lodge. Thanks for the help!

Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

Also, I'm not positive that the LEO is actually a chair. It might be a position in the lodge. I'll definitely have to check into it further.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Txmason

On that would be good. Also what about doing public relations for the lodge?

Freemason Connect Mobile

Txmason

The Leo sounds like it would be master of ceremonies where you educate the candidate or members of the lodge?

Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

I do some of that now. Our lodge also owns an old movie theater. I'm getting involved with the brothers in charge of that now.

Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

I really don't get too involved in building sites, I do some internet work here and there. I'll get a few pics and email them to you. Medina lodge #58 in medina ohio.

Freemason Connect Mobile

widows son

Premium Member
I haven't progressed through in order. After I was raised I was put in a senior deacon in the ensuing year. I'm on the fence I guess. If you can handle the job and comprehend it, then I see no harm for the lodge or the officer. But still, progression through from Tyler to the east and everything in between, is important. A Mason should learn about his lodge through experience just as he learns everything else about the Craft.

barofdeath

Ill get some pictures and email them to you. I do some internet work here and there but not too much with building websites.

Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

Junior warden also interested me. But I will learn more about the chairs and start at Stewart.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Txmason

Good idea but participate in degrees and degree practices try all of the different chairs. Have fun!

Freemason Connect Mobile

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
Good idea but participate in degrees and degree practices try all of the different chairs. Have fun!

Freemason Connect Mobile

Degree practice is the perfect place for a relatively new MM to gain experience in the different positions and chairs. If he will listen very carefully and get with his mentor he can learn more and more about what is needed. Hopefully his mentor has had some experience in the line. My mentor is a Past Master of two different lodges and a member of two, though widely separated, others. He has been a MM for nearly fifty years and has given me a world of education in Masonry. I still give him a call when I have a question. The best way to do it, I think.

Bro. Brad Marrs

Premium Member
In Texas, the Lodged Education Officer is not an installed position. This is usually a Past Master, knowledgeable in all the stations and places.

Key responsibilities are administering the A.L.L. and L.I.F.E. programs.

*Additional Lodge Light and Lodge Instruction for Effectiveness.

Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

My mentor is my father. He's a 40 year past master. He's taught me so much. I'll wait a bit and learn more before moving on. Thank you brothers for the help!

Freemason Connect Mobile