My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about joining A.E.A.O.N.M.S

PHA TRAVELER

Can any PHA brother from the mwphglotx tell me the requirements for joining shrine in Tx? I no some states only require you to be a MM that is in good standing in the blue?

kosei

Premium Member
In the state of Texas you do not have to be square in the blue lodge to become a prince hall shriner

Fen357

Yes he's right. You can be off the square and still join the shrine house. But they would like for you to come back to the blue house, but that's on you. Do you know anything bout shrinedom????

PM Fendrick "Fen" Gabaud
Boaz Lodge # 212
Daytona Beach Fla.

Fen357

No you don't. Just have been or was apart of a blue house.

PM Fendrick "Fen" Gabaud
Boaz Lodge # 212
Daytona Beach Fla.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Sorry to bump up this post.
Can I ask what is A.E.A.O.N.M.S. And what's the difference between it and the Shriner International(A.A.O.N.M.S.)?
s&f

crono782

Premium Member
AEAONMS = Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.
As I understand it, AEAONMS is the PHA version of AAONMS. Otherwise pretty similar ritualistically and organizationally.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
AEAONMS = Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.
As I understand it, AEAONMS is the PHA version of AAONMS. Otherwise pretty similar ritualistically and organizationally.
Thanks, Brother Daniel.
Is it no relations or hierarchy with the AAONMS?

crono782

Premium Member
I believe they have fraternal visitation on the *organizational level*. However like all visitations, you are bound by your Grand Lodge laws as well.

RiverRatDoc

AEAONMS is an organization started by a Clandestine / Irregular Mason expelled from PH. His name was John George Jones. He started his own Grand Lodge
He also started the Imperial Council of Prince Hall Shriners.
PH Shriners support a diabetes organization & not the 22 Hospitals Shriners International supports.

PH Mason's in a lodge who's GL traces its lineage back to African Lodge #459 will with one accord denounce these false, irregular & clandestine groups.

My gut feeling is that this issue hasn't been addressed due to the still ongoing racial divide in America.

Research the article that the Blue-Lite group wrote entitled "We are not all brothers".

If you want to join a Shrine temple, join a Shrine temple.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
AEAONMS is an organization started by a Clandestine / Irregular Mason expelled from PH. His name was John George Jones. He started his own Grand Lodge
PH Shriners support a diabetes organization & not the 22 Hospitals Shriners International supports.

PH Mason's in a lodge who's GL traces its lineage back to African Lodge #459 will with one accord denounce these false, irregular & clandestine groups.

My gut feeling is that this issue hasn't been addressed due to the still ongoing racial divide in America.

Research the article that the Blue-Lite group wrote entitled "We are not all brothers".

RiverRatDoc do you have more information on this?
It is because I'm not familiar with U.S. Masonry

P.S. I belongs to Aahmes Temple, AAONMS

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

Actually, Egyptian Shriners (AEAONMS) is appropriate for a PHA member to join. They limit their membership to those who have completed the third degree in regular lodges. Indeed, in some jurisdictions it is the only choice for a black man. I had their officers at my Potentate's installation banquet in 2001. They have contributed to Shrine Hospitals. They have a long list of charities.

RiverRatDoc

R:.W:. Cook
I was referring to Masonic research & now "open source" article which you can find on this forum
Navigate
--- Refreshment to Labor
--- The Great Debate...
--- "We Are Not All Brothers" posted by Bro Antoine Lilly

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Thanks for the courtesy, but my jurisdiction uses the highest rank, Brother.

I was referring to what I understood to be the indication that one should not join AEAONMS. It is not considered irregular but for those GLs not recognizing PHA

AndreAshlar

I understand that A.E.A.O.N.M.S. in Texas does not require good standing in the blue house. Is this true? Are there any other states that do not require a man to be a good standing MM for A.E.A.O.N.M.S. membership?

tldubb

Premium Member
I'm a Noble from Pyramid Temple #1, Oasis Philadelphia, Desert of Pennsylvania ( Prince Hall Shriners ). My understanding you must be in good standing or other words financial.

tldubb

Premium Member
1dfed7a70b198b441f346ef8925aea58.jpg