My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raised last night!

Ed Nelson

Whoohoo! It took nearly a year (my small lodge needed lots of practice for all 3 degree teams), but I was finally raised last night at California Orland laurel Lodge #245!

Afterward, we all congregated for refreshments and I was presented a masonic bible with my wife in attendance.

It was a long night, with me finally getting home well after 11pm (and getting up before 5am for work), but it was so worth it and something I will never forget.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Congratulations brother. Now grab onto that light out there and get ready for the ride of your life!

K.S.

Great job! When I was raised 3 weeks ago, I didn't get home until ten to midnight. Haha!

hlnelson

Whoohoo! It took nearly a year (my small lodge needed lots of practice for all 3 degree teams), but I was finally raised last night at California Orland laurel Lodge #245!

Afterward, we all congregated for refreshments and I was presented a masonic bible with my wife in attendance.

It was a long night, with me finally getting home well after 11pm (and getting up before 5am for work), but it was so worth it and something I will never forget.

Congratulations Brother, home after 11pm. It wasn't that long ago around here we didn't raise a man untill after mid-night.

cemab4y

Premium Member
I add my congratulations. You need to know that the MM degree is not the end , it is a beginning. You will now begin your Masonic career. I encourage you to consider the York and Scottish Rites. If you wish to explore the "fun" side of the Masonic experience, there is the Oriental Shrine. Please see

Home - Be A Shriner Now

You may wish to serve your lodge as an officer. You can also begin to study the rituals, and serve your lodge (and nearby lodges) as a ritualist. You should visit nearby lodges, and get a better understanding of the masonic brotherhood in your community.

Good luck!

Ed Nelson

I add my congratulations. You need to know that the MM degree is not the end , it is a beginning. You will now begin your Masonic career. I encourage you to consider the York and Scottish Rites. If you wish to explore the "fun" side of the Masonic experience, there is the Oriental Shrine. Please see

Home - Be A Shriner Now

You may wish to serve your lodge as an officer. You can also begin to study the rituals, and serve your lodge (and nearby lodges) as a ritualist. You should visit nearby lodges, and get a better understanding of the masonic brotherhood in your community.

Good luck!

I understand that the 3rd degree isn't the end of the journey, but it is the culmination of 7-8 months of hard work :)

I was appointed to the Junior Steward position at my 1st lodge meeting last week(installation is Saturday), so the work is just beginning (again)!