My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reasons why fundamentalist aspects of religion need to go

T

T.N. Sampson

Freemasonry is at the founding of America, to destroy it would be to destroy Your history,skip
That is untrue. Given that logic, one can just as easily say that slavery was at the founding of America, and to destroy it would be to destroy our history. My view is that Freemasonry's influence on American political and social development is vastly over-rated.

What is at the founding of America are the ideals of such men as John Locke and Montesquieu, and the basic view that there is a God and our rights are found in him, not in government. Cordially, Skip.

phulseapple

Premium Member
I still believe no. I am not judging them. Some of my best friends are atheists and I would give them the same love and respect as I would to any brother in the lodge
But you have judged them as unacceptable candidates for Freemasonry. I don't see how anyone can rationally dispute that point. Cordially, Skip.
They simply do not have one of the basic requirements to be a Mason.

widows son

Premium Member
I would beg to differ, But I'm not wasting anymore time talking to you. Your evasive and have an agenda and can't honestly say there is any sort of respect that I have for you. I can't control the fact that you are on this this forum. The fact that you want to take down freemasonry is enough for me to consider you an anti mason and therefore an enemy. Nobody cares about your clouded, narrow minded view point of freemasonry or religion. Idealists such as Voltaire, Thomas Hobbes, Plato, Socrates, all influenced the American republic. They advocated the necessity of separation between church and state. God has no place in government. But again I'm done discussing things with you cuz its just leading nowhere

T

T.N. Sampson

I would beg to differ, But I'm not wasting anymore time talking to you. Your evasive and have an agenda and can't honestly say there is any sort of respect that I have for you. I can't control the fact that you are on this this forum. The fact that you want to take down freemasonry is enough for me to consider you an anti mason and therefore an enemy. Nobody cares about your clouded, narrow minded view point of freemasonry or religion. Idealists such as Voltaire, Thomas Hobbes, Plato, Socrates, all influenced the American republic. They advocated the necessity of separation between church and state. God has no place in government. But again I'm done discussing things with you cuz its just leading nowhere
Egad....

phulseapple

Premium Member
Are things that slow here that you now need to invade a decent site trying spread your misguided and fanatical views in hopes of attempting to lead men away from the lodge?

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
What is at the founding of America are the ideals of such men as John Locke and Montesquieu, and the basic view that there is a God and our rights are found in him, not in government. Cordially, Skip.

Freemasons would say the same thing--God is the foundation of our rights, not government. That is a very Masonic sort of statement.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Oh, I think it does. If dogma refers to "an offical system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals and behavior," I'd say it very much has its own dogma. Otherwise, someone will have to rename Albert Pike's classic. Cordially, Skip.

Freemasons are free to reject Pike. Pike is not a "Pope of Freemasonry". Indeed, outside the USA, Pike is virtually unknown. I don't buy everything Pike claims, nor do I have to.

T

T.N. Sampson

Are things that slow here that you now need to invade a decent site trying spread your misguided and fanatical views in hopes of attempting to lead men away from the lodge?
Where on this site have I attempted to do so? Cordially, Skip.

widows son

Premium Member
Great point BryanMaloney, Pikes insights are brilliant, but not concrete. He definitely is no any sort of Pope

CajunTinMan

They advocated the necessity of separation between church and state. God has no place in government.

Now you see brother I totally disagree with you on that point. If that person truly follows the teachings of Christ he will lead with honesty and integrity. And be a servant to those he represents. (Not to imply in any way that a non-Christian cannot lead with honest and integrity). Our system of government allows for everyone to be able to express their personal views and for those views to be respected, or at least accepted. The lodge must be the same way. It is good that you and I can disagree on this topic and still call each other Brother.

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
Yes you are right, on that my friend , don't get me wrong I dont hate religion, just because I dont believe in Christ. I respect people of faith, but only in good standing and not imposing.