My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recognition

Ross Thompson

Site Benefactor
Ok Brothers. I'm looking for recognition info between Grand Lodge of Texas and Grand Lodge of Quebec. Any insights before I bug my lodge secretary?

Edit: They are UGLE recognized, so my assumption is yes... but that lodge secretary I spoke of earlier, yeah he'll make an a** out of me.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
According to the List of Lodges Masonic you are in amity, but shouldn’t you be checking with your grand lodge? Is Pete Normand still your chair of fraternal relations?

Ross Thompson

Site Benefactor
Thank you for the response Brother Cook.
Yes, I should check with the Grand Secretary. However, I've been taught not to contact Grand Lodge on my own, that I should go through my lodge secretary. Since he is currently stripping cotton, I didn't want to call him from his labor to run what had the potential to be a fools errand. My thought was to see if someone on here knew if there was recognition between the respective GLs and then go through the channels or to drop it before I wasted the time of my lodge secretary.

Again, thank you for your response and trouble looking up the information.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It was no problem. The list was on the book shelf right where it belonged, for once.
Your lodge likely has the same book.

Pete Normand isn’t your Grand Secretary.

Ross Thompson

Site Benefactor
Yes they do, but it's a 4 hour round trip right now and your electrons away ;).

Thank you Brother Cook. Your time, patients and response is valued.

Edit: I understand Pete Normand isn't the Grand Secretary.