My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refreshment Recipe

widows son

Premium Member
Here's a quick and relatively cheap meal for refreshment. Enjoy!

Chipotle Chicken Salad: serves 12

8 chicken breasts, boneless skinless. ( you can ether grill or poached them)

2 cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

1 red onion small dice

1/2 an avocado

1 small bunch fresh cilantro

Real mayonnaise

1 lime (juice)

Poach or grill the chicken until fully cooked( I think grill has a better flavor) cool off and dice in to 1/2 inch cubes. Dice the red onions and add to chicken
Chop the cilantro fine and add to chicken. Purée chipotle peppers in the adobo sauce and add to chicken. Squeeze like juice into chicken mixture. Mashed and add avocado to the mixture. Add salt and pepper and mix in mayo until desired consistency. You can put these in tortilla wraps, or in between bread. You can even add puréed beans to it and make it into a dip. Salute!

jvarnell

Premium Member
Me I am like the TV show chopped. I open up my basket (the pantery and frig.) and then have 30 min. to make something. One I have made several time because of that methed is what I call beets and beef.

Some boil some beets and butternut squash leave 3/4 of them al dente, remove from pan and qube. Empty water add heavey cream, genger and curry. Mash and thicken and cubes back and a splash of lemmon juice.

Take a a very thin cut round stake and cut into strips and brown with olive oil, salt, black peper and garlic.

Put beef on plate and cover with beet mixture.

The reasion I did not say anything in the name about the butternut squash is that everything comes out red.

CajunTinMan

Scotch Eggs

1 quart oil for frying

4 eggs

2 pounds pork sausage

4 cups dried bread crumbs, seasoned

1 cup all-purpose flour

4 eggs, beaten

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
Flatten the sausage and make a patty to surround each egg. Very lightly flour the sausage and coat with beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs to cover evenly.
Deep fry until golden brown, or pan fry while making sure each side is well cooked. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Cut in half and serve over a bed of lettuce and sliced tomatoes for garnish. If mustard is desired it looks beautiful over this.

widows son

Premium Member
Lol I'm a sucker for cold meatballs.
My nonna also makes really good prosciutto and capicola. The best sandwiches around