My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refreshment Recipe

widows son

Premium Member
Smoked baby back ribs! Nuff said. Salute.

4 racks of st Louis baby back ribs
4 cups applewood chip ( any flavored wood of your choice will suffice)
6 inches of aluminum foil

Dry spice
10 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp granulated garlic
4 tbsp onion powder
3 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp cayenne
3 tbsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper
Mix well and rub on ribs

BBQ sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp unsealed butter
2 Spanish onions
5 cloves garlic
2 cans chipotle peppers in adobo
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 bay leaves
2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper

Caramelize onions and garlic with bay leaves. Add brown sugar and cook till very thick and dark. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and reduce till thick. And chipotle and the tomatoes and reduce by a third. Purée and strain so there are no seeds. This will also help make the sauce velvety.

Soak a half of the chips for 45 min and mix with the rest of the batch that isnt soaked. This will allow the chips to slowly smoke and last for the long smoking time. Make a packet out of aluminum foil and poke holes with a fork. Preheat one side of the grill to approx 350 degrees F. LEAVE ONE SIDE OFF. Put the packet right on the coals on the hot side and allow heat up with the holes facing up. Put the seasoned ribs on the cold side and allow to smoke for two hour with the lid of the BBQ closed so to keep all the smoke in. After smoking is done turn the cold side on and make sure both side are low, to a temp of 300 degrees F. Put ribs on and slow cook for another 2 hrs. At the last 1/2 hour glaze with the BBQ sauce and allow to cook for the remaining 1/2 hour.
Enjoy brethren.

martin

Mmmmmmm baby back ribs , wut r u a chef if there make all that stuff in ur lodge I think is time to visit we r only 45 minutes away from each other

widows son

Premium Member
Martin is love for you to come visit. Merritt lodge #168, king at. Port colborne. Welland and port share a lodge building.

martin

Hahahaha u know wut I will tell couple of brother to go visit what days is ur meeting we r every first Tuesday of the month Blackwood lodge 311 Maple-Woodbridge keele and major Mackenzie

widows son

Premium Member
We are 2nd Monday. Unfortunately I'm not junior warden, and don't provide food, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if I did knowing you'd be coming to visit.