My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refreshment Recipe

widows son

Premium Member
Pasta is a good way to provide a plentiful meal for a low price. Making it homemade is even easier, even if you don't have a mixer. You can do a lot with pasta, with the many variety of sauces and can even be used in salad.
Salute

Pasta serves 8
4 cups of A.P. flour
6 whole eggs
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Method of prep without mixer

Mound the flour on a counter top and make a well with a spoon or your hand in the center, big enough to hold the eggs. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and olive oil together. Pour into the well you made in the flour. It's imperative that the egg mixture doesn't leak out. Slowly mix in the flour with a fork, pulling from the sides in a circular motion. Continue until it think and won't leak. Once the dough is made knead a few times and wrap in seran wrap and hold in the fridge for 20 min. Portion into smaller pieces and run through a pasta machine, progressively rolling it thinner until desired thickness. Pass through the cutter into desired pasta shape. Make sure to flour as you go to
Prevent sticking and lay on a tray or flat surface. Cook immediately or freeze for future use

Method of prep with a mixer

Place flour in mixing bowl. Using dough hook turn on to medium high speed. Once started add olive oil and let mix for a min. Add eggs one at a time and wait a min in between so to incorporate evenly. Once made knead a few times and wrap in seran wrap and hold in fridge for 20 min. Follow procedure using pasta machine. If you don't have a pasta machine you can cut it into smaller pieces, roll out using a rolling pin, and cut with a sharp knife.

Tomato sauce

4 white onions
10 cloves of garlic
3 cups extra virgin olive oil
3 bay leaves
2 bunch basil with stems
6 cans of crushed tomatoes or 20lbs fresh San marzano tomatoes, as ripe as possible
1 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper

In a pot place, whole garlic , basil stems (make sure the leaves have been removed, we will use them at the end) and bay leaves with the olive oil and bring up to a medium low heat and cook for 5 min, make sure it doesn't burn, olive oil has a horrible taste when it burns. Dice the onions and add to pot. Cook the onions and garlic until they start to brown scraping the brown bits off with you wooden spoon. Season with salt and deglaze the pot with white wine and continue to scrape until the bottom of the pan is clean. Cook wine down until thick and almost evaporated. Add the tomatoes fresh or the canned ones and cook down by 2/3. Finish the sauce with more salt and pepper to your liking and, purée and strain so there are no seeds and skins, and to make the sauce velvety. add the chopped basil leaves. Boil the pasta in rapidly boil water and lots of salt. My chef told me that the water should taste like a day at the beach. Lol. Enjoy brethren.

martin

Where us the meet, ossobuco ,sotto spalla, meet balls a traditional Sunday meal and l'ensalata e dopo un bello espresso whist grappa

widows son

Premium Member
Have you ever had veal saltimboca? I'm also making prosciutto this winter with my buddy and his nonno. I'm trying to start up a market business that I hope leads to an eat in deli, where you sit down and have a nice lunch or you can buy anything we make and take home for yourself. I'm not sure but I think the name of this concept is Machedaria ( I think that's how it's spelt lol)

martin

Oh nice we make sausage and prosciutto and capicollo and all that stuff every year if u ever wanna learn let me know but we do it southern style different than the north

martin

Yes I born in Lima Peru my dad is Italian from Argentina and I been here for 15 years in canada