My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reincarnation and the Veil of Forgetting

In the Plan of our Logos, the evolution of souls is accelerated using the so-called veil of forgetting. Coming into incarnation the soul has no memory of previous incarnations. Being aware of multiple lives would prove the existence of soul, but as it is veiled, the mind/body/spirit complex i.e. person, is driven to faith and to polarize towards its choice of service, to self or others, in short to define the metal of the soul. If this veil was not in place, the being might simply be contented knowing the ever present unity with Diety. Karmic debt from error would be avoided, who would make such a choice? No striving, since catalsyt/circumstance would not be sought or encountered; no polarity, since the dark side would be obvious illusion. Most importantly faith would be weak, as the one who never knows blindness appreciates vision less, compared to him who lived in darkness and then finds light. What is it about faith that is so essential, that the whole of the freewill/choice reality would be wrought to shape it? Supposedly, the arcana before this veil consisted of fewer stations. Much of the catalyst and experience of this illusion/reality is geared toward the transformative choice of polarity. What would it be like without this veil, certainly daunting would be the consideration of how far the soul has to travel in order to evolve, were it aware of truth beyond our limited sight. To me, this suggests the sublimity of the Plan of Diety, the scope and love for all creation, the light which is created out of love and freewill. Organized, everpresent, All That Is, good, bad and indifferent, nothing is lost or unloved.

Continue reading...