My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sacred Geometry

widows son

Premium Member
The Egyptian had a form of tarot. The way we have tart cards today is a European invention, but the concept has been around well before the Templars. The Benbine table of Isis is a tarot concept. It is true that men who guard a secret, the secret is usually a fallacy. But does freemasonry do the same? In ways yes, however at any point when the mysteries were being practiced, the neophyte always had to prove himself before he was elevated to adept. The reason I believe is so the candidate can fully understand the import of what he is about to go through. Everyone has the right and ability to know the true mystery of thy self, but proving that you are capable of responsibly doing something with it is where the trails and degrees come into play.

Godfrey Daniel

receive those transmissions

Attachments

• EyeofHorus_1000.gif
    EyeofHorus_1000.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

Frater Cliff Porter

Premium Member
This is another attempt to explain my views on "ancient mysteries". The urban legend that quotes Einstein as saying humans use only 10% of their brain function is just that - an urban legend (even though it's sometimes easy enough to believe). But that said, under some conditions, we are clearly capable of much more than we realize. Maybe the Egyptians did levitate all those stones into place.

But Leman, Eric Berne, Rhoads and other famous men of the field of psychology do believe that something like 10 percent of the brain is used in conscious thought and that 90 percent is devoted to the subconscious.

There are also several symbols in Masonry that have remained potent throughout history to include the schools of Greece wherein the term mysteries is most often applied that relate directly to teachings designed to build upon an understanding of the subconscious. The point within the circle being one of them.

widows son

Premium Member
The knowledge of thyself. Such a broad term. I believe it's knowing our place in the universe. We are on a insignificant little planet, orbiting an insignificant little star, in a galaxy among billions. However we are the pinnacle of creation/evolution. We are just babies in terms of how long we've been around and what are brains can accomplish. Imagine what we will become in another 1000 years. To know that we are God and our consciousness is collective, is to know thyself. To see patterns in the universe and nature and ourselves is to know thyself. To recognize that ultimate good triumphs over evil is to know thyself. To know we are full of raw potential and literally create our reality is to know thyself.

widows son

Premium Member
I've read to that the point within the circle refers to the deity. The point, the beginning, the circle the boundaries of consciousness, then returning to the original point.

widows son

Premium Member
Well to be honest, you are right, a life time, perhaps two is need to comprehend this subject but I think when it comes down to, all these symbols and philosophies, and texts and beliefs from ancient times doesn't amount to the one true fact. Simplicity. I believe it's important to know these subjects, especially as masons, but what are we comparing here? Other mens ideas. We are no closer to the truth than they were in those times of old. Their mind set may have been different but what has been accomplished? If I may ask, you are quite knowledgable in this field but do you know where, when and how to apply this knowledge? I think the key with all this geometry is that all things are geometric in their form. All things. And the pi and phi ratios are present in almost every aspect of nature. Davinci was obsessed with this, and is exemplified in his work. All in all what I am tryin to say is I try and see for myself what these philosophers say by studying the mysteries of nature and science, and death.

widows son

Premium Member
I believe he's referring to the force of the people, and when improperly direct, can do more harm than good or be pointless and contribute nothing.

widows son

Premium Member
Sorry to go off topic but a couple posts ago you were talking about the eye of horus being a symbol of the penal gland, which I wholly agree, as the Egyptians were the first to perform a primitive form of brain surgery. But anyway it reminded me of the painting on the roof of the Sistine chapel, we're God and Adams finger tips touch. Look at what God and his cherubim are in. To me it looks strikingly like a cross section of a human brain. Which leads me to believe that Michelangelo was hinting on God as intelligence/consciousness. JMO