My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Rite Beginnings

widows son

Premium Member
I have heard at least 3 different stories concerning the origin of the AASR but what does the Scottish rite say about it's origins? Clearly there's more than just a Christian element to it? Forgive my ignorance as I am not a part of the AASR yet, but have done a lot of reading on it, but like I said I have come across a few different explanations for its beginnings.

MarkR

Premium Member
I have heard at least 3 different stories concerning the origin of the AASR but what does the Scottish rite say about it's origins? Clearly there's more than just a Christian element to it? Forgive my ignorance as I am not a part of the AASR yet, but have done a lot of reading on it, but like I said I have come across a few different explanations for its beginnings.
I did a presentation on the history of the A&ASR on the first night of our new class in September that included more sources than what the Supreme Council has to say about it, but you asked what they say, so here's the link: http://scottishrite.org/about/history/

widows son

Premium Member
I watched a YouTube video of Henry Clausen speaking on the the Scottish rite, introduced by none other than Ernest Borgnine. This was a very informative video and recommend it to all masons