My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Rite Cathedral- Galveston Valley

jwhoff

Premium Member
"Built in 1929 in the Art Deco style, the Scottish Rite Cathedral boasts a 400 seat theater with hand painted scenes capable of transporting audiences from the Roman catacombs to lush forests to Greek temples, and beyond. The mood is enhanced by a 1256 pipe, original pipe organ and a state of the art sound and lighting system. Next to the theater is the gand ballroom with a elevated orchestra pit and a commercial kitchen. A white marble stairway leads downstairs to our amazing library filled with Masonic memorabilia and original antique furniture. In addition to the recreation hall is the famous Egyptian Room, probably the most beautiful Lodge room in the state of Texas."

So says the brochure of Galveston's temple.

I was honored to work in the combined 9th and 10th degree during this weekend's reunion. I was too honored to take my degrees in this temple in July of 2009. If you haven't seen a degree (blue lodge or Scottish Rite) in this stupendous edifice, you should make it a point to do so soon.

I am a member of the Houston Valley with great admiration for my brethren to the south.