My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secretary School

Wingnut

Premium Member
I cant find anything on the GL website... anybody have the link to the Secretary Schools or the list for the rest of the year? Is there a treasurers school?

david918

Premium Member
Here you go

Grand Secretary’s Schools of Instruction:
>
> Eight (8) Schools of Instruction remain available in 2009. All Lodge Secretaries should plan on attending one of the sessions, and all Lodge Line Officers and Lodge Treasurers are encouraged to attend one of the sessions. (Lodge administration takes more than one member). Most sessions will be similar to the previous schools and be conducted by the Grand Secretary from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Three more of these schools will be presented as forums for inexperienced Secretaries and be conducted from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with two members of the Grand Lodge Office staff participating (noted by *).
>
> Saturday, May 30, 9:00 a.m. Lubbock S. R., 1101 70th St, Lubbock 79412
>
> Saturday, May 30, 2:00 p.m. Palo Duro #1239, Amarillo, (Districts 99+)
>
> Saturday, June 20, 9:00 a.m. Pine Tree #1396, 2709 Pine Tree Rd, Longview*
>
> Saturday, August 15, 9:00 a.m. C. C. #189, 4114 Weber Rd, Corpus Christi 78411
>
> Saturday, August 22, 9:00 a.m. Oak Cliff #705, 1309 Newport Ave., Dallas 75224
>
> Saturday, September 5, 9:00 a.m. Lufkin #669 (15-16 19-20 25-26 Districts)
>
> Saturday, September 26, 9:00 a.m. Waco #92, Waco (61 MWSA)*
>

owls84

Premium Member
I will be attending the one in Oak Cliff and Waco. I usually go down the night before the Waco #92 event. I like to make a trip of it.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Thanks for posting that... were was it on the GL website or was it?

I need to go to one of the n00b classes so longview or waco I suspect... even though Im not a secretary, as it says, the secretary cant do the job alone.