My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking a little help from georgia brothers

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Hey, Brothers.

I have a buddy of mine that is from my hometown and currently serving on active duty out at Fort Benning, GA. He got a hold of me wanting to find out about Masonry. He now has expressed to me he would like to take the next step and gaining light. Since, I am a Texas boy, through and through, I don't know a thing about Masonry in Georgia...lol

Can anyone tell me a lodge name that is in Columbus, GA? His mailing zipcode is 31907 if that makes it easier to find one that is nearest to him. Also, if it helps, we are looking for a lodge that is a "mainstream" lodge. I found a GLoG website, but at this moment I have no idea if it is the one that the GLoT is in Fraternal relationshions with. So, any Brothers that might could help point us in the right direction, I would appreciate it very much, and so would he.

Bill Hosler

You can contact your Grand Secretary's office and ask if they are in amity. I'm guessing the GL of Texas and the GL of georgia are in amity.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Thanks, Brothers. And sorry for the long response. Been hectic. I am going to find a few lodges in the area and tonight at lodge make sure they are recognized in our book. Was also hoping that someone from that area might be on here and maybe he could contact them for any questions regarding the locality of things and how they work there. :)