My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Guidance

Txmason

Howdy!

I am struggling to find a job, and while doing so I have seriously considered going to law school and in fact today registered on the lsac.org website.

What I would like to know is, if there is a brother I could talk to about going to law school or a brother I could work for as a paid intern.

Also, I would really love some guidance on what schools to apply to or any one I should talk to. As I am doing this all on my own and would love the help. I live on Lake Conroe and am close to The Woodlands etc.

Best,

Jerry

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I have a cousin who just graduated law school in 2012 or 2011. He went to Baylor. He had been in the military and after the military he was a police officer for several years. He decided one day that he didn't make enough money doing that but loved it so he just figured he would expand on it to a degree and went to law school. He is in Austin now. I know that one of the online schools, Kaplan if think, offers a Juris Doctorate that upon completion you can sit for the bar exam. I think only California will recognize it though. That is the major drawback, but as a bar certified lawyer in California you can basically apprentice under another lawyer in your state and after a certain amount of time you can sit for the bar exam. That is something you would have to contact the school about. If you want my cousin's number I can get it to you. He isn't a Brother but seeing as his experience his fairly recent he might be a good source of info.

Txmason

Bro. Heilman that would certainly helps out. Please PM his phone number and name. I graciously appreciate it. Know any brothers that are lawyers?

Jerry

Bwell027

Bro. Heilman that would certainly helps out. Please PM his phone number and name. I graciously appreciate it. Know any brothers that are lawyers?

Jerry

Did you take the LSAT yet? I am currently studying for it and planning on taking it Oct.5th. PM me if interested in discussing further.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Howdy!

I am struggling to find a job, and while doing so I have seriously considered going to law school and in fact today registered on the lsac.org website.

What I would like to know is, if there is a brother I could talk to about going to law school or a brother I could work for as a paid intern.

Also, I would really love some guidance on what schools to apply to or any one I should talk to. As I am doing this all on my own and would love the help. I live on Lake Conroe and am close to The Woodlands etc.

Best,

Jerry
Do you mind traveling overseas? I will submit you with a personal recommendation to our recruiting department here in Afghanistan.

Txmason

Bro. Neumann

No I don't mind traveling overseas. I've never been overseas. Does Canada count? I'd love the opportunity. Let me know what you need. I have experience in photography, journalism and communications

Bro. Jerry Johnston

Freemason Connect Mobile