My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Introduction

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
You are off to a great start and have the right approach. Especially in going to the lodge. Continue to go as regularly as you can. Try to remember the men's names. Get to know them. Men like a good firm hand shake and folks who look them in the eye. Keep using yes sirs and no sirs. I do it, and I'm nearing 40. It is the small stuff like that that speaks volumes about you and your intentions. It is a credit to you and marks you as a person not just with respect but worth respecting.

Good luck, and a hearty welcome!

JustinScott

Premium Member
Thank you for the advice and so far I have done all of what you said its been a good start I can't wait to become involved.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I am glad to hear of your first impressions. I wish I had known years ago what I know now and to have started this journey when I was your age. I wish you the best as you start your journey. If you ever need anything just PM me and I will help out as much as I can.

I am pleased that I was able to help you out. After all that's what we are here for. Good luck and enjoy the trip!

JustinScott

Premium Member
Thank you so much and you better watch out bub I just might take you up on that offer ;)

I am glad to hear of your first impressions. I wish I had known years ago what I know now and to have started this journey when I was your age. I wish you the best as you start your journey. If you ever need anything just PM me and I will help out as much as I can.

I am pleased that I was able to help you out. After all that's what we are here for. Good luck and enjoy the trip!

daddyrich

Congrats on that first step. I waited almost 10 years, finding new ways to almost talk myself out of it. It was a foolish thing to do but we find our way, given time. I also second reading as much M.P. Hall writings on Freemasonry-he was a man of rare depth and understanding. Also, I have found Joseph Fort Newton's "The Builders" to be an enjoyable and informative read. Best of luck on your journey.

JustinScott

Premium Member
Thank you both for your support but what should be the first book I should read being that I am not all that knowledgeable about Masonry what would be a good 'starter'. Also I am going to dinner that they invited me to during the officers meeting. I have filled out and completed my petition that they gave me I just am waiting on turning it in just so there is no doubt in anyone vote. This way they can REALLY get to know ME.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Thank you both for your support but what should be the first book I should read being that I am not all that knowledgeable about Masonry what would be a good 'starter'. Also I am going to dinner that they invited me to during the officers meeting. I have filled out and completed my petition that they gave me I just am waiting on turning it in just so there is no doubt in anyone vote. This way they can REALLY get to know ME.

That's a great idea on letting them getting to know you. I also highly recommend those books and writers. Another I like once you get going is Carl Claudy and his books Introduction to Freemasonry. There is one for Entered Apprentice, one for Fellowcraft, and one for Master Mason. They are all real short books but give some insight into the degrees to help you learn about them. Once you are raised I have a ton of Masonic books in PDF format I will send you if you want. There are also some other things on there too like images, power points, and fonts. There is a ton of stuff out there to read and learn about. That's why this journey is a lifelong journey.

JustinScott

Premium Member
That's awesome its so cool being a part of something that has taken place for hundreds of years. It really is something special. I went to dinner tonight and met the Florida grand master marshal and the rest of the lodge members. I no longer have a doubt in my mind about joining and it is clear they want me to join. It is so much fun meeting everyone not to mention the food is fantastic. And thanks for the advice I'll start reading soon

That's a great idea on letting them getting to know you. I also highly recommend those books and writers. Another I like once you get going is Carl Claudy and his books Introduction to Freemasonry. There is one for Entered Apprentice, one for Fellowcraft, and one for Master Mason. They are all real short books but give some insight into the degrees to help you learn about them. Once you are raised I have a ton of Masonic books in PDF format I will send you if you want. There are also some other things on there too like images, power points, and fonts. There is a ton of stuff out there to read and learn about. That's why this journey is a lifelong journey.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Awesome! Just remember answer truthfully and all will be okay. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and your thoughts.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
It varies, but some of them will be along the lines of why do you want to join. There will be some about you as a person and your character. What they are trying to establish is are you a good man and trying to better yourself or are you someone who wants to join to learn the secrets or some other reason that would show you are not serious about this.

JustinScott

Premium Member
ya that's exactly what it was and they liked everything I had to say. It went well there as excited as I am about joining.

JustinScott

Premium Member
Awesome! If I still lived in Florida I would go to your EA. Sadly, I don't though and I miss it.

It's alright perhaps you can come to visit when I reach my mm. Florida is a fun place it gets awfully hot at times though. A/c is a must I still don't see how the native Americans do it.